Thursday, February 20, 2014

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Memo check

This should be refined a bit.. On rejection of universals as an
intensive use of mental energies (costly, thus perhaps 'devolutionary'),
the shape of things become clearer to me by exploring the boundaries,
finding where something breaks down, making correlating relations. There
is just a world with infinite relations between an unlimited set of
points (or wave/interference if you prefer), none separable. I've heard
universals with this process intrinsically integrated, ameliorative.
This is rather subjective, as memos tend to be. ;-)

Hope that is somewhat clearer, I am ok with yours too Gabby. And yes I
agree group action is the practical expression of individual liberation.
That's been stuck in my head for weeks for some reason and hope it's
relevant.

On 2/19/2014 10:56 PM, James wrote:
> It would have been better to ask how you view nominalisation, than
> teasing for details. I took the meaning to be the inevitable
> progression to rejecting universals by becoming acquainted with the
> rules and through experience learning to reject most of it as over
> simplification. How far one could take that I think is a matter of
> appetite and endurance, for better of worse, and reasons vary. In part
> I disagree with the notion that the words we use are purely
> abstractions or can be ideal representations of cognitive content, but
> that they can convey and influence an amazing amount and types of
> content and experience when skill and attention is applied. As a joke
> I told someone that writers learn to imitate behavior to such a degree
> that gradually no memory or sign of it remains.
>
> The contrasts were my personal twist, but 'different' can be
> challenging enough to ponder whether one could 'should think' thusly
> after all. I am mixed on the matter, there are times of brilliance but
> also times that it seems a curse.
>
> On 2/11/2014 8:29 AM, gabbydott wrote:
>> Simplified in the sense of "intuitive" is how I understand Andrew.
>> Fine. What I often find lacking is simple common sense. Because of
>> personal twists blown out of proportion and put into bright
>> spotlight. To serve a specific purpose of those in control of the
>> light switch. Intuitively. Figuratively speaking. Worth giving a
>> second thought, I find.
>>
>> Which is what I did with your question, that is not really a
>> question. I mean, one cannot should think. Me thinketh, yes. Whether
>> I like what I see is out of my control, all I can do to have some
>> sort of manageable access to it is to accept it. Whether and how I
>> speak out my thoughts, live out my thoughts, deal with my thoughts,
>> is another question, not necessarily a contrasting one.
>>
>> I'm okay with what you are saying.
>>
>>
>>
>> 2014-01-24 3:58 GMT+01:00 James <ashkashal@gmail.com
>> <mailto:ashkashal@gmail.com>>:
>>
>> But, should one really think so or merely wish to accept it as
>> such? I've asked myself this when trying to sort out my own
>> contrasts. IMO to whatever degree you have it undoubtedly
>> contributes something of value, though you do have better
>> linguistic footing than me and obvious leanings into discourse
>> analysis (my lady just finished that class).
>>
>> In dealing with memos having humor is good advice, going through
>> old things always seems to increase the gravity, lower the oxygen,
>> and slow time down. As to this 'Simplified' part, good luck with
>> that. :D
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On 1/22/2014 4:53 AM, gabbydott wrote:
>>
>>
>> "View as set" is better... Thank you very much, Andrew.
>>
>> Am 22.01.2014 00:02 schrieb "andrew vecsey"
>> <andrewvecsey@gmail.com <mailto:andrewvecsey@gmail.com>
>> <mailto:andrewvecsey@gmail.com
>> <mailto:andrewvecsey@gmail.com>>>:
>>
>>
>> I think it would be fun to make a new video called "Gabby -
>> Simplified". I find it a very nice characteristic to be
>> able to
>> laugh at oneself. My sister and my partner can do that so
>> very well.
>>
>> On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:20:07 PM UTC+1, Gabby wrote:
>>
>> I just found this short memo to myself from maybe one
>> or two
>> years ago:
>> /View nominalisation of knowledge as settled and
>> discourse
>> about having knowledge or being in knowledge. /
>>
>> This may sound awful in English, its original German
>> version
>> sounds ten times worse. I had to laugh when I read it
>> and I
>> thought it must have been an ironic reminder or a
>> parody of
>> someone or something. But then it dawned upon me that
>> I might
>> have really intended to try and do so. Now I am asking
>> you,
>> have you been seeing me doing anything like that?
>>
>> --
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to
>> the Google
>> Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails
>> from it,
>> send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>> <mailto:minds-eye%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>
>> <mailto:minds-eye%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>> <mailto:minds-eye%252Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>>.
>>
>> For more options, visit
>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>> --
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from
>> it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>> <mailto:minds-eye%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>.
>> For more options, visit
>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>>
>> --
>> --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>> Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>> <mailto:minds-eye%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>> send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment