Thursday, May 31, 2012

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Other Countries

Yes, a view can transform your life ! Like, a frog in the well
discovering the huge world about.

On Jun 1, 2:11 am, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nothing wrong with books,  but they are not quite the same,, pictures are
> very good but there is something about reality if the original.
> Allan
> On May 31, 2012 1:55 PM, "rigsy03" <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > I could have put a smile on the end of that post, I guess, as I am
> > quite critical of the certain things in the USA. I envy your backpack
> > style- I grew up in the last era of steamer trunks and porters- ah,
> > well, all things change. Anyway, finding the exotic is a "frame of
> > mind", for instance Georgia O'Keefe did not travel abroad until she
> > was in her mid-60's. I have travelled a bit but guess I have brought
> > the world to me via books, art, music, etc. and arm-chair travel via
> > Globetrekker or other travel shows which I enjoy but rarely envy...I
> > think I envy other eras and I am glued to my own. My ultimate excuse
> > is motherhood having had children at 20, 28, 37 and 40 without
> > responsible husbands/fathers and that has been quite the adventure and
> > still is.
>
> > On May 30, 11:09 am, malcymo <malc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Sorry Rigsy. I was thinking that the originator of this string would
> > > not find the north american continent to be an exotic location for
> > > him. I certainly did not mean to demean.
>
> > > Malc
>
> > > On May 30, 10:31 pm, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > > America and Canada count to Americans and Canadians, thank you very
> > > > much!
>
> > > > On May 29, 3:16 pm, malcymo <malc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > I forgot America and Canada but I guess they dont really count.
>
> > > > > I always backpack and go to non tourist areas. This way I enjoy
> > > > > meeting regular people with no hidden agendas. Likewise I am forced
> > to
> > > > > get a smattering of the language which helps to get a feel for their
> > > > > culture.
>
> > > > > On May 19, 7:16 am, "pol.science kid" <r.freeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > This is just random.. since i dont yet earn.. i dont have much
> > > > > > mobility .. and have only travelled places in my country... But i
> > was
> > > > > > wondering how many of you guys have been to different countries and
> > > > > > have you ever wanted to settle there...- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > - Show quoted text -

0 comments:

Post a Comment