Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Honest Alter Universes

I will be the first to admit having  a great deal of problems with gender and spirituality .  When  I feel  someone trying to sell me a bill of good I lose interest quickly.

تجنب. القتل والاغتصاب واستعباد الآخرين
Avoid; murder, rape and enslavement of others

-----Original Message-----
From: archytas <nwterry@gmail.com>
To: minds-eye@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 12:56 PM
Subject: Mind's Eye Re: Honest Alter Universes

I'll get back on why I think any aspects of divine relate to alter-universes Molly.  Allan could be seen to miss the point on this thesis, though my own response had a lot of his experience in it.  Here's a cruder example of the 'divine feminine'.

The divine might admit to and exhibit some playfulness.

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 11:32:13 AM UTC+1, Molly wrote:
I've always liked the work of Joseph Campbell and his ability to bring the common symbols of all cultures into an easily digestible human mythology. Gender is, and I think we each have male and female aspects that, at some point hopefully, are integrated. I find myself leaning toward more male expressions while living in corporate America, starting with more male expressions and following up with female, more nurturing and inclusive. Behavior and response gives us an idea of what works, and while it is incumbent on us to keep our behavior within the realm of "true," culture has its demands, and response sometimes sets perimeters.

The divine feminine in the Christian mythology is of course, the Virgin Mary, part of the holy trinity and ascribed the archetype of grace. All of this seems to me to be script writing the divine play. We keep explaining these archetypes to each other and ourselves again and again in slightly different forms.

The idea of alternate universes, I'm not sure how it relates to the divine feminine, but would like to hear more about it.

On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 12:02:28 AM UTC-4, archytas wrote:
Although we could look at physics that tells us our shadow is real and that when we walk away from it we enter a fifth dimension, there is little chance of us experiencing anything much different from this theorising are in the bugger all to slight range.  I've attached a masters level thesis on the divine feminine.  I don't actually like this work, though it is more welcome than most of the drivel students are forced into.  It may seem odd that a scientist like me finds more pertinent in changing our ways of living for the better in an obvious fiction like the divine feminine and what I regard as a largely failed 'new paradigm' set of research methods.  

Molly currently has everything solid melting to air and the imagination central in creation and evolving processes.  Of course, I'm not keen on solids 'meting to air' - it's piss poor chemistry and these days we think there may be hundreds of states of matter.  I wonder what we can honestly say about alter universes.  I find the literature generally weak like this thesis and wide open to easy criticism.  How can we be imaginatively creative, perhaps even in Molly's strong sense of this, and remain honest?

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment