Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Voice in the head

Good Lord, Allan is a Leper ... waiting for dyslexia correction ... ah ... epilepsy, that's all right then.  Distorted communication is interesting - my brother is colourblind so it can be skewed at the virtual end.  If we swallow the reality hypothesis, then the stimuli can be faked to lead to a false picture too - the brain does a lot of focusing and still sees the world upside down after inverting lenses are removed.  My brother speaks several languages and reckons he thinks in whichever he is immersed in.  My first language isn't English.  I have forgotten the mother tongue (those to share with died when I was young), think in English when I speak French and German (badly) and never see or think in numerals (I get shapes).

What gets into our minds to think with is clearly subject to massive control frauds like religion (now neo-liberalism and neo-classical economics).education and language via Bacon's classical Idols of family, tribe, marketplace and non-reflexive theory.  The word Christian more or less turns itself to Flavian in my head when I hear it.  Others get 'Crusader'.  Words might just be labels.  'Molly' does not spring the word Christian in my mind or 'Kid' child.

On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 14:35:25 UTC, Allan Heretic wrote:
My mother learned and only spoke high german in childhood.  Once she started school she quickly learn english. But changing between languages is not a problem.   My wife is the same way.  I seriously doubt you will ever  forget your mother tongue.
I have epilepsy in the language center of my brain it is my mother language.
You are lucky..
..

~~
لا القتل، والاغتصاب أو استعباد الآخرين
Do not murder,  rape or enslave others

-----Original Message-----
From: polly skid <r.freebird@gmail.com>
To: Minds Eye <minds-eye@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: Mind's Eye Re: Voice in the head

So... when we learn a language.. or interlnalise it.. we do it with how the words are spoken.. How is it for someone who has never heard a sound form birth?.. their thoughts  i mean... Also its very strange though English is not the first language i learnt from childhood, i 'think' in 'English' now... Although i rarely use it with my friends and family.... 

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 6:24 PM, archytas <nwterry@gmail.com> wrote:
I probably enjoy being confused by you Gabby. Allan, don't worry too much about the voices inside your head - I left the radio on.

Andrew - I'm off walking the hounds to think about what you've said.  Back to gruffle-wuffle later.  In talking of voices in the head, one has to be careful lest one get a schizo-diagnosis from someone who has read the DMS and a certificate from the madness authority to lock you up.  In the park, people find my dog-talking perfectly reasonable and many join in.  7 Acres would make a great sculpture park - imagine the dogs as art critics and people, finally, with something to lean on ... just a voice in my head Tony - nothing to do with me, just a left-over from one of Allan's Wendanta's (Peter Pan version).


On Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:14:45 AM UTC, Gabby wrote:

And let me add: listen to something and/or someone new. I don't want to further confuse Neil with the aimlessness of my conversation style.

Am 30.12.2014 10:04 schrieb "Gabby" <gabbydott@gmail.com>:
That's how we learn how to read and fall back to when words and meanings are jumbled up. It is a technique to disrupt the others flow of automated response. It is oftentimes the only chance to get others to listen to something new to them. Otherwise you have to keep using the slow, indirect feeding of attractive or fearful imagery, but you cannot be sure that they really get there where you want them to get.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/minds-eye/0SEeyPSyeC8/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
EverComing

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment