Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Re: Mind's Eye trust

I trust anyone who earns my trust.

Many a sad epitaph begins with "We thought we could trust them".  To me, trust is like the medial moraines on a glacier.

On Sunday, August 31, 2014 11:41:57 AM UTC-4, Molly wrote:
A consideration of trust does require self examination. Who do I trust, how, when, why? Do I trust the intentions of others? So I trust that politicians, in general, are working in the best interest of their constituents? When things seem to go "wrong," do I trust that everything will be alright? Can I trust that I will persevere in every circumstance?

In every case there is a relationship between self and other or self and group that requires clear perceptions and understanding of the people and dynamic. I think that clarity, or lack of, often creates barriers to trust and challenges in dynamic.

But no matter what we are experiencing at any given time, a certain amount of trust is required to continue the momentum in life.  Trust that life works, that I can work in life. If I am not trusting others, how does that effect my experience. My viewpoint? My life? What do you think?

On Friday, August 29, 2014 5:43:21 PM UTC-4, Molly wrote:
Doubt is another good topic. The movie with Meryl Streep and Phillip Seymour Hoffman was terrific. Made me examine at my own doubt.

Trusting yourself is the crux I suppose. Some people never fail to disappoint and in those cases, trusting yourself may redeem the experience.

On Friday, August 29, 2014 5:08:15 PM UTC-4, Allan Heretic wrote:
Wasn't it Kipling that said "If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you and make allowances for their doubting too,"

Allan
Living Soul

-----Original Message-----
From: Molly <moll...@gmail.com>
To: mind...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:57 PM
Subject: Mind's Eye trust

I've been thinking about something that Don said, about not trusting many people.  Is trust important in our relationships?  Can we extend trust to everyone, at least a modicum of it? What does it take to trust someone completely?

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment