Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Search for meaning

Pantheism is really kind of amazing..  reading about it the concept has many roots some of which date back into the ancient Indian in origin. there is evolution from other origins..  Oddly my own evolution in not from reading but directly from personal experience not from studies or reading..  People told me that is what i was believed in Pantheism. and for the most part it is true..

I have said in the past that there are not really any new ideas..  and to gain   (or regain knowledge) on crosses the  time/space barrier returning with knowledge (I believe this is called transcendentalism)  My personal spiritual experiences tell me that "God" is real  and he is within and without, the universe is made up of God's being and God goes far beyond this universe.

How can an idea and concept that keeps showing up again and again be condemn as a heresy  or is in reality a God that is separate from the  universe a true heresy?


On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 2:05 AM, Allan H <allanh1946@gmail.com> wrote:
James I am amazed at how much i do not  know or understand  ,,sigh but that is understandable considering as my view are very close to pantheism. (expansion and evolution) ..  

I read your link  and am not sure how to respond,,  me I would walk away from that person.


On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM, James <ashkashal@gmail.com> wrote:
Happens to me all the time too Allan. I also ran right into pantheism by an offshoot, well my main new discovery was something I haven't read before (which is a nice surprise) called 'neutral monism' that sounded very familiar, as does Taoism, panpsychism, animism and the lot. This eventually (today) lead to something that sounded like a little bit of everyone (recent comments made), mostly a reflective or loose commentary about Animism and Personhood but mostly for 'fun' reading:
http://ecoanimism.com/blog/heather-awen/2013-jun-23/animism-personhood

The personhood concept is interesting to me, as I haven't had the concept to aid my own experiences, need to reflect on what my mind is doing before becoming attached.


On 7/21/2013 11:02 AM, Allan H wrote:
Strangely I was looking up some odd information..  I was looking  up something because of a news item  and stumbled across pantheism,  in reading it.  I was amazed the parallel of beliefs.. and the evolution of ideas. Things in the world have to change and if they don't they die..  sometime slow painful deaths.. lol  (bad comment deleted)

when some idea disagrees with the RC church is it is a heresy ,, and kill the heretics..  what if in reality they are the heretics ??


On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 6:24 AM, Molly <mollyb363@gmail.com <mailto:mollyb363@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Those would be poignant questions.  I wonder if meaning isn't
    constructed over time.  Here in Detroit, there is more going on
    focused on invention and imaginative re-birth of a city dying in
    many respects.  What is dying is the old school ethnocentric
    politics and economics finally forced out and replaced by a more
    world-centric core organization that is facilitating the death of
    the old and the birth of the new simultaneously.  Once begun, is
    "old" meaning ever gone?  Or merely integrated into the new?


    On Saturday, July 20, 2013 8:20:06 PM UTC-4, archytas wrote:

        I operate with and without being attracted to know meaning.
         Most stuff is so bland that I don't care and most people are
        interested in things that are boring beyond measure once I
        know what they are.  Even chimpanzees have experimented with
        sex more than humans, though not quite as we might generally
        mean the term.  I know how to go about such discoveries and am
        looking for more meaning in understanding evolution.  I've
        studied economics to assure myself that my rejection of it is
        sound (it's dull).  Mostly, I find human meaning derived from
        inadequate knowledge based in language hostile to inquiry.
         Most human life is clearly meaningless and to do with habit
        and a few, often peevish emotions and desires, generally
        directly biological or cultural.  My questions would be about
        invention and imagination that allow new meaning.

        On Thursday, 18 July 2013 18:25:18 UTC+1, RP Singh wrote:

            People have been searching for meaning in life through the
            ages but there is no consensus. To me understanding the
            source of life and the realization of the inexorability of
            Fate and Destiny is meaning enough. I know that in this
            group as well as anywhere else there are different
            viewpoints and I am open to them all , and don't mind
            criticizing me folks , I like it and am not the least
            bothered!

    --
    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
    send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:minds-eye%2Bunsubscribe@googlegroups.com>.

    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.





--
 (
  )
|_D Allan

Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.

Of course I talk to myself,
Sometimes I need expert advice..
--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



--

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.





--
 (
  )
|_D Allan

Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.

Of course I talk to myself,
Sometimes I need expert advice..



--
 (
  )
|_D Allan

Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.

Of course I talk to myself,
Sometimes I need expert advice..

--
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment