Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Re: Mind's Eye spending Christmas

Happy New Year everyone! Too late to be useful now but a good way to get rid of residual moisture in a phone is to take it apart and submerge it in a bag of rice for a few hours. I used to use a hair dryer but saw this other technique in an episode of Elementary. Modern day Sherlock Holmes, I like it. I hate mince pie too but it's slightly better then fruit cake. 

I worked all through the Holidays including today. I'm off starting tomorrow and my brother's family is flying in from Bremerton, WA. to vist for the rest of the week. It's rainy and overcast here they should feel right at home. 

Last year was a helluva year. Storms, mass shootings, fiscal cliffs(Geronimo!) and Whitney Houston died in a bathtub. My ex-wife, mother of my only son, also passed unexpectedly with an aneurism in November.  Knew she was having headaches and was even more irritable then usual but I never expected this. It's been really rough on the boy. He's basically been abandoned 3 times. By me when I left after the divorce and was lucky to see him once a week, by his mom when she kicked him out of her house 3 years ago and again when she died. These long holidays suck and I'm not around to support him nearly enough. Guilt. 

I had to start the new year off with a good whine. Not my last I assure you. Good times and better memories to all.

dj


On Monday, December 24, 2012 10:08:53 AM UTC-6, archytas wrote:
Walking Maxwell is my preferred action.  Television and radio are a
disaster.  Sue is baking mince pies - I have always hated them!  Just
fixed my old neighbours' phone - or at least replaced it with an old
one of ours - theirs was full of water and I hoping it will work again
once I screw it back together (it's a special phone for old folks so
worth trying to fix).  Shaun went into town to buy a video game - but
they were sold out.  A turkey dinner beckons, daughters behaving (rare
when in same room unless they gang up on another victim - eldest and
her bloke are thinking of moving here from Israel).  Churches tend to
get to me in what we might call a 'reverse Molly' so it will be the
pub or a very long Maxwell if family company gets too much - we may
all go to give Sue some peace.  Reading some quantum material that
suggests there are 500 states of matter.  It's not helping screw the
phone back together!

Good luck to all.

On 24 Dec, 14:01, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have a merry, blessed and holy christmas Molly
> Allan
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My husband and I are about to head out to church, my beloved Shrine of the
> > Little Flower, that was my family parish growing up.  We are arriving before
> > any planned mass - way before- to spend our own time feeling that sacred
> > space and spread a few of my brother Mike's ashes in the rose garden.  He
> > loved it there as a kid, and thought he would have probably become a priest
> > had the family not moved to a different state when we were young.  Knowing
> > Mike, as a priest he might have gone the way of Francis and Alan, getting
> > tired of the bureaucracy.  Or, he might have found a way like Merton to
> > circumvent in a monastery for awhile and come out charged, ready to bring
> > the holy spirit to Hollywood. Mike was charming and loved Hollywood.  He
> > might have just pulled it off.  I miss him and honor him this Christmas.
>
> > What is everybody else doing this Christmas?
>
> > My love to you all.
>
> > Molly
>
> > --
>
> --
>  (
>   )
> |_D Allan
>
> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> Of course I talk to myself,
> Sometimes I need expert advice..

--
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment