Friday, November 23, 2012

Re: Mind's Eye Windows Eight

Sounds good,, I don"t see me running out to buy a new PC with touch
screen ,, I already have that on on my transformer,, I like it,, but
I am not a game player so I do not think I will be buying one,,

Actually I have three computers as it is four if you count my smart
TV,, considering my phone is a Galaxy note and for many things it is
my preference,,

As for a new operating system,, but I am talking with my friend Hans
about that, I already have linux ubuntu on my laptop,, we are talking
about setting it up to be able to handle, firefox OS,, and possible
android.. and I think android might be cool on my bedroom TV.. a
little tiny processor.. for the back..but will have to think about
it..

so it is a process of going nuts I am sure..
Allan


On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 3:30 PM, archytas <nwterry@gmail.com> wrote:
> W8 seems to be an attempt to synch tablet and PC - a main feature is
> the touchscreen. I might need to know more about this to develop my
> educational interface. In day-to-day it stops your desktop and the
> old start button menu and replaces them with the Microsoft version -
> entirely unhelpful.
>
> To stop it freezing on close down (once you have discovered how to
> shut down by hovering at the right of the screen) and start up I had
> to ensure my anti-virus and cleaning progamme (AVC 6 plus) was not set
> to auto-run and remove unwanted Microsoft icons. Seems OK now.
>
> I got it because my programs will have to run on mobiles and tablets
> and I like to do my own testing - there is no bigger fool than I on
> using supposedly intuitive interfaces - so I'm ideal for
> foolproofing! At the moment I can access client websites that host my
> stuff from machines running any OS and everything works as long as
> wifi or 3g is available.
>
> I can see no reason for anyone to upgrade other than for such specific
> reasons as mine. It's cost me 4 or 5 hours works to get back to
> normal so far.
>
> On 22 Nov, 12:46, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> the anti virus - anti Malware doesn't surprise me as it is designed
>> for gaming.. MS is trying to control the gaming market.. I think 98
>> was a fairly good version was into linux then since then ubuntu
>> version has gone down hill.. now I am looking into the possibility of
>> running android on my laptop.. just thinking
>> Allan
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I'm no fan of operating systems. Windows doesn't seem to have
>> > improved since 98. They keep adding stuff I don't want and changing
>> > interfaces as in the Word 2010 ribbon or the trashing of the start
>> > menu in W8. When my system is running the browsers seem a bit quicker
>> > - but my machine now finds it difficult to shut down and restart.
>> > Initially I couldn't even find out how to do this. I bought this
>> > laptop for my grandson - so it has a lot of anti-virus and anti-
>> > malware. This may be causing the problems, though it's clear lots of
>> > others are suffering.
>>
>> > I got W8 because I need to check my own course packages will run in
>> > it. Not found any issues there so far, other than a need to re-write
>> > instructions on how to ensure the 'app' appears on the new 'metro
>> > style' first screen. Touch wood! I've gone android to James. I
>> > would have preferred a plate interface in my brain to the phone.
>>
>> > On 22 Nov, 07:55, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> heard it was for gaming primarily and not interested.. I am not a big
>> >> windows fan, i don't need the latest..
>> >> Allan
>>
>> >> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> > Argh! Anyone any good experience?
>>
>> >> > --
>>
>> >> --
>> >> (
>> >> )
>> >> |_D Allan
>>
>> >> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>>
>> >> I am a Natural Airgunner -
>>
>> >> Full of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly.
>>
>> > --
>>
>> --
>> (
>> )
>> |_D Allan
>>
>> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>>
>> I am a Natural Airgunner -
>>
>> Full of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly.
>
> --
>
>
>



--
(
)
|_D Allan

Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.


I am a Natural Airgunner -

Full of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly.

--

0 comments:

Post a Comment