Thursday, November 29, 2012

Re: Mind's Eye Instinct for survival

Ah- Mother Russia. I am close to the end of Anna K.- forgot it was 950
pp though I've read it twice before- maybe in twenty year intervals so
the story reads differently each time. Quite possibly the greatest
novel of all time, I believe. Anyway, my eye is doing well though I
need another week of drops as the doc missed a tiny speck to remove
and somehow I've had a "myoptic correction" and my vision is 20/20!
Speaking of "fellowship" I had an odd call today from some scam artist
pretending to be my grandson needing money. His voice was a dead
giveaway to NY or New Jersey as we don't speak like that in the
midwest. I declined his request and called the police but they weren't
interested as long as I didn't send money and I guess they have real
work to do. :-) So this dude craves loot and others crave other things
and a good deal of human cravings have nothing to do with our
understanding of god, religion, country, society, art & science, etc.
Back to the idea of the instinct for survival in spite of the sureness
of our death, my personal feeling that the best we can do is to try to
live a moral life as best we can correcting ourselves as we stumble
and learn and those paths are numerous as one can not fault a monk or
contemplative, can one?

On Nov 29, 6:39 pm, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At least you have soul Al - perhaps in the Russian sense.  RP is not
> without in that sense either.  It's hard to be inter-subjective about
> god a a formulation though we seem to crave fellowship.
>
> On 29 Nov, 23:05, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > I doubt I am a great soul, though I have spent years contemplating the idea.
> > Allan
>
> > Matrix  **  th3 beginning light
> > On Nov 29, 2012 9:11 PM, "RP Singh" <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Allan , carefully reading all the' trash' that you spew out makes me
> > > wonder ...maybe you are the greatest soul wrapped in a human body.
>
> > > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 12:02 AM, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > My apologies RP,  due to what I consider trash I don't waste my time
> > > > carefully reading what you write..
>
> > > > Now I am wondering the origin of this vision..  ;o)  I am waiting to
> > > read.
> > > > Allan
>
> > > > On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >>         me (RP Singh change)    Post reply
>
> > > >> 4/26/10
> > > >> [Mind's Eye] Re: God and I
>
> > > >> Consciousness has to do with the senses and the sense-objects. Sight,
> > > >> hearing, etc. I see a door as grey in colour and at  a distance of 25
> > > >> yards from me, does God see    it as grey in colour and at a distance.
> > > >> No God is immanent in the door, he is the grey colour, he is the
> > > >> door , he is the distance and he is me ,the observer. God is in
> > > >> everything and is thus all-pervading , he is in every will and is
> > > >> therefore  the real doer,  he is in all beings and non-beings and is
> > > >> therefore omniscient.
>
> > > >> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > >>> gee I never read any thing by RP saying that God is the totality of
> > > >>> every thing..
> > > >>> Allan
>
> > > >>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Lee Douglas <leerevdoug...@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > >>>> Heh okay then, RP and myself share the belife that God is the totaliy
> > > of
> > > >>>> everything, although we differ on some things we can at least agree
> > > on this.
>
> > > >>>> We Sikhs would express it thusly: 'Ik onkar, sat naam'  losely
> > > translated as
> > > >>>> '1God, true name'.  Now True Name, what does that mean?  God's name
> > > is true,
> > > >>>> or truth?  Or perhaps that God is true/truth?
>
> > > >>>> Personaly I would explain it this way.  Before the begining, there
> > > was only
> > > >>>> God, but God in spirt, God said (to steal form the Bible) 'Let there
> > > >>>> be.....' and thus the creation was created.  Matter from the spirt of
> > > God.
> > > >>>> Thus the totality of the universe is God, the reality is God and the
> > > truth
> > > >>>> is God.  I heard it expressed just yesterday that God was Anaam
> > > (Nameless)
> > > >>>> and by atributing Naam to Godself the creation came into being.  Not
> > > too far
> > > >>>> removed from the Hindu concept of Om I suppose.
>
> > > >>>> On Thursday, 29 November 2012 14:53:13 UTC, gabbydott wrote:
>
> > > >>>>> I would know if it was different, if i understood what you meant,
> > > Lee!
> > > >>>>> Circling forwards in loops, arent we?
>
> > > >>>>> Am 29.11.2012 15:02 schrieb "Lee Douglas" <leerev...@gmail.com>:
>
> > > >>>> --
>
> > > >>> --
> > > >>>  (
> > > >>>   )
> > > >>> |_D Allan
>
> > > >>> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> > > >>> I am a Natural Airgunner -
>
> > > >>>  Full of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly.
>
> > > >>> --
>
> > > >> --
>
> > > > --
> > > >  (
> > > >   )
> > > > |_D Allan
>
> > > > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> > > > I am a Natural Airgunner -
>
> > > >  Full of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly.
>
> > > > --
>
> > > --- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

--

0 comments:

Post a Comment