Thursday, May 31, 2012

Re: Mind's Eye dependency

The net is not a destination, it is a doorway, indeed I consider it just
another like that to go outside or grab something to eat. A very
liberating thought, no?

On 5/31/2012 2:57 AM, Allan H wrote:
> I could not come on line with my transformer yesterday. Kind of a
> frustrating experience, All though I could access it using my
> telephone, I bought a Galaxy Note,, first smart phone that I actually
> like, at least for a while I have unlimited internet contract. hehe
> some time I use it to the max since I bought the Note it is really handy
> to look something up on the internet,
>
> I have had a data connection since just before my daughter was born that
> makes 27 years the early years were terrible truth be know,,
> download time was expensive,, It actually was cheaper to go and buy
> the program rather than download it. Has a small BBS (bulletin board
> service) Mostly for my Geek friends who kept my system running, they
> liked it because I had the best telephone lines and the fastest modem
> (thanks to their efforts)
>
> That is a lot of year of use and it is very much part of my life. I
> have Wi-Fi radar built into both my transformer and telephone by which I
> can locate any wifi that is in the area and if I can access it..
>
> There is a need within me to connect with the world,, I actually meet my
> wife chatting on line..and fell in love online 1/3 the way around he
> world.. (I thought it was a safe distance to flirt from and so did she..
>
> When I really look at it though I very much enjoy the world around me
> and my garden, with Joey terrorising the frogs and birds. I enjoy the
> internet to the point that it really is a dependency.
> Allan
>

0 comments:

Post a Comment