Sunday, July 31, 2011

[Mind's Eye] Re: Worship

I do not doubt for one moment that it is, Allan; i have had similar
experiences on quite a number of occasions myself. I asked the
question to get a holistic view of the snapshot of time; i ask myself
the same question of my experiences too.

On Jul 30, 7:42 pm, Allan Heretic <dehere...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Paradox. You are not imagining,  it is very real, you should try it someday.
> Allan
>
> On 29 jul. 2011, at 22:35, Jo <jojocasame...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > It wasn't meant to remind anything to anyone. I was only sharing my
> > experience. I'm sorry if you found it too rudimentary.
>
> > On Jul 29, 1:45 pm, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> You pray before the meals? Yes, that's a good reminder.
>
> >> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Jo <jojocasame...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>> There have been times in my life when every fiber of my being felt
> >>> open and aware of everything in my surroundings, their purpose and
> >>> origins. Aware of people and their complexities. When everything
> >>> suddenly made sense and I felt as if I were tapped into.....
> >>> something. The source? The Universe? God? I don't know. I just know
> >>> that these moments don't last near as long as I would like. I wish I
> >>> could make them happen more often but I can't. And I don't feel that
> >>> there is a Will behind this source. The only Will I sense is my own.
> >>> So I'm very thankful to what ever it is that powers my being. I make
> >>> it a point to express my gratitude several times a day.
>
> >>> On Jul 28, 4:50 pm, paradox <eadohe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>>> Interesting Jo; how do you imagine our connection to this higher
> >>>> power?
>
> >>>> On Jul 28, 5:53 pm, Jo <jojocasame...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>>>> We never went church while I was growing up. However, I do believe
> >>>>> that a higher power does exist. I also believe that we are somehow
> >>>>> connected to it. Worship for me has always been about giving thanks
> >>>>> and counting my blessings.
>
> >>>>> On Jul 27, 8:25 pm, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>>>>> If we are completely bound by the will of God it follows that
> >>>>>> everything is done by God , and hence it is God who would be
> >>>>>> worshiping God which to me appears ridiculous. If you believe
> >>> yourself
> >>>>>> to be an emanation of God and completely controlled by Him it would
> >>> be
> >>>>>> lack of wisdom to worship Him. God is our innermost being and is not
> >>>>>> separate from us , but you can only worship someone separate from you
> >>>>>> which is inconsistent with our belief that God is our essence. Either
> >>>>>> believe God to be separate from you , in which case it would be
> >>> proper
> >>>>>> to worship Him like loving someone , or believe Him to be your Being
> >>>>>> and hence act with an attitude of equality to all and looking at
> >>>>>> everyone animate or inanimate with an equal eye. As for reaching a
> >>>>>> state of calmness and peace I am far from it but it is my resolve to
> >>>>>> be so.
>
> >>>>>> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Menfranco Laws <menfra...@gmail.com>
> >>> wrote:
> >>>>>>> I see what you mean and I believe that you have reached a stage of
> >>>>>>> calmness and peace, otherwise you would not have written what you
> >>> have
> >>>>>>> written about we all being part of God in this thread. But I would
> >>>>>>> like to ask you a question to your statement where you say that
> >>> there
> >>>>>>> is no wisdom in worshipping our creator; my objection to that is
> >>> that
> >>>>>>> I believe that man needs to pray God, so that they may feel
> >>> protected
> >>>>>>> from God; I believe that it is one of the needs and the reason why
> >>> we
> >>>>>>> have religions?
>
> >>>>>>> On Jul 26, 4:35 pm, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>>>>> I do not say that I have reached a peaceful state , I only say
> >>> that on
> >>>>>>>> gaining knowledge of the Truth one should strive to reach a state
> >>> of
> >>>>>>>> calmness and peace. By Knowledge I mean a logical conclusion about
> >>> the
> >>>>>>>> nature of Reality and not any transcendental experience.
>
> >>>>>>>> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 5:00 AM, Menfranco Laws <
> >>> menfra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>> Hi, RP Singh; These are indeed words of wisdom when you say:
> >>> What I
> >>>>>>>>> feel, think and do is totally bound by the spirit within me and
> >>> the
> >>>>>>>>> same is true for everyone else; but then, you assume that you
> >>> are part
> >>>>>>>>> of God and therefore everybody should be or feel that they are
> >>> part of
> >>>>>>>>> God, so in reality you are saying that God is pandemic in nature
> >>> and
> >>>>>>>>> we live within God life force, am I right?
> >>>>>>>>> But, I have to say that not everybody has reached this peaceful
> >>>>>>>>> feeling within them selves that you have achieved, I believe
> >>> that you
> >>>>>>>>> are one of the few that has this feeling about being part of God
> >>> and
> >>>>>>>>> you are blessed, the rest of us just think that we may not be
> >>> worthy
> >>>>>>>>> enough of being part of God, therefore during our lives we are
> >>> trying
> >>>>>>>>> to achieve what you have achieved for yourself and we hope to
> >>>>>>>>> understand you fully when we reach our goal.
> >>>>>>>>> I wish you all the best
> >>>>>>>>> Menfranco
>
> >>>>>>>>> On Jul 24, 6:25 am, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>>>>>>>>> What I feel , think and do is totally bound by the spirit
> >>> within me
> >>>>>>>>>> and the same is true for everyone else.  So , if I think of God
> >>>>>>>>>> separate from me I am thinking wrongly ; as our innermost being
> >>> is the
> >>>>>>>>>> same in all and all of us follow his dictates totally there is
> >>> no
> >>>>>>>>>> wisdom in worshiping  our creator as albeit we are Him. It is
> >>>>>>>>>> ignorance to worship yourself. God is in all and it is God who
> >>> does
> >>>>>>>>>> everything as all our bound totally by Him. We should have a
> >>> feeling
> >>>>>>>>>> of love for all as essentially we are one and not harbour
> >>> enemity for
> >>>>>>>>>> those of us who are ignorant of the Truth and enjoy hurting
> >>> others.
> >>>>>>>>>> When a person knows that all are One then he attains a state of
> >>>>>>>>>> calmness and if not he should try to achieve that peaceful
> >>> state. But
> >>>>>>>>>> of course we cannot cut the ties that bind us through this body
> >>> and
> >>>>>>>>>> have a practical outlook.- Hide quoted text -
>
> >>>>>>>> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> >>>>> - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

0 comments:

Post a Comment