Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Re: [Mind's Eye] Music & Emotion

Perhaps it stimulates memories of emotion, I had a doozie moment today and had to turn it off.. Long story short, I got a look at things after the cascade of images stopped pounding me, and got an outside look at myself. I don't want to say what it looked like, but I found much of value without a bit of pity even the compassion fell away and without the sadness it became clear this was a creature of habit. So I changed the routine a bit today, exercised and stretched during smokes (not cardio) with a good 30lb steel rod, mostly fun but tough work. Hoping this helps the broader picture, these rituals I've accumulated are killing me.

This is an unusual day, I think it is good and feel more alive. I turned a downward spiral into fuel to make change that I didn't expect myself capable of. Sorry for the deep subjective moment all. :)

On 6/29/2011 1:24 PM, pol.science kid wrote:
I know right.... music.... rhythm.... an immediate effect.... is it merely the systematic striking of chords... i am in awe.. of those who create music.... is music created... or is it there before the keys are struck ... the chords pulled... do we make music or do we simlply tune in.... i dont mean writing a song.... but a sonata perhaps.... where does it come from....

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM, paradox <eadoherty@hotmail.com> wrote:
Today, i found myself completely lost in the magical wonderland of
Patrick Doyle's "My Fathers Favourite"; it is a breathtakingly
beautiful place indeed. Which got me thinking...what is it about
certain pieces of music that invoke in us an overwhelming emotional
landscape?



--
\--/ Peace

0 comments:

Post a Comment