Thursday, April 28, 2011

Re: [Mind's Eye] Re: More on Effort

Orn , that's a yes.

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 7:35 AM, ornamentalmind
<ornsmindseyespam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> RP, I couldn't tell, was that a 'yes' or a 'no'?
>
> On Apr 28, 9:55 am, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am an emanation of God and hence God is conscious in me , thinks in
>> me and feels and acts in me. But I am just one emanation , God sees ,
>> feels thinks and acts in all as all are emanations of God. I a petty
>> emanation of God turn to the Father from whom the whole creation has
>> emanated and ask Him to cast His benign eye upon me as I just a small
>> part of God cannot think of myself to be God but his fragment. A
>> finger of my hand will just remain a finger and not be myself. Even
>> the whole Creation is just an emanation of God and cannot be called
>> God as He is the source of all and the rays of the sun cannot be
>> called the sun.
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 1:35 AM, ornamentalmind
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> <ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > RP, thanks again for responding.
>>
>> > I'll assume that you don't believe that god thinks conceptually the
>> > way humans do, correct?...no thinking using words either, right?
>>
>> > On Apr 22, 7:07 am, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> God is aware in the sense that He is all or all emanates from Him and
>> >> thus automatically He knows everything and doesn't have to be aware of
>> >> things like us mortals. In my opinion , we should not conceive of Him
>> >> to be conscious in the way that we are because our consciousness
>> >> entails duality or is encompassed within borders. He is conscious in
>> >> us , acts in us but in His separate state He is oblivious of all as He
>> >> alone is and creation being changeable and subject to birth and death
>> >> is just an illusion. In my view that which is not permanent can be
>> >> called an illusion.
>>
>> >> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 6:53 PM, ornamentalmind
>>
>> >> <ornsmindseyes...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >> > RP, are you suggesting that god is not conscious at all?...that all
>> >> > god is/does etc. is unconscious?
>>
>> >> > In either case, are you using one of the more common notions of what
>> >> > conscious means…like being self aware and knowing what one is doing?
>>
>> >> > On Apr 22, 1:45 am, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> >> In my view , creation was not a conscious act of God , but rather the
>> >> >> universe emanated from the unconscious mind of God. He doesn't look at
>> >> >> us consciously , doesn't connect results with actions , rather
>> >> >> everything is happening according to laws which exist in His
>> >> >> unconscious mind. I don't think that any scripture can really lay down
>> >> >> definitions of good and bad with His authority , rather thinkers among
>> >> >> us can lay down rules which appear logical to them and accepted by us
>> >> >> as such. I don't believe in an after-life and consider this life
>> >> >> itself to be a spiritual experience.
>>
>> >> >> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Chuck Bowling
>>
>> >> >> <aardvarkstudio.chu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >> >> > On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 3:55 AM, leerevdoug...@googlemail.com
>> >> >> > <l...@rdfmedia.com> wrote:
>>
>> >> >> >> Hey Chuck,
>>
>> >> >> >> I guess it depends on what you belive God is.
>>
>> >> >> >> If you believe that God is the creator then everything has Gods hand
>> >> >> >> in it,  if you further belive that God is omipitant then God you are
>> >> >> >> exactly the way that God has designed you to be.
>>
>> >> >> > I believe that god/goddess/gods etc. are icons. They are concepts that help
>> >> >> > people cope with their own frailties and inadequacies. Whether it be to
>> >> >> > blame bad things on, attribute good things to, or to provide us a path to
>> >> >> > continue our existence beyond the grave.
>>
>> >> >> >> If you are a gardner, and you splice together two differant plants to
>> >> >> >> gain a desird result, the plant does have a life of it's own, but
>> >> >> >> works in the way you have designd it to.  So in a real way you are the
>> >> >> >> manipulator of that plants life, your hand is in all that it does, as
>> >> >> >> you have designed it.
>>
>> >> >> > Here I would say that the original design was altered. A much easier task
>> >> >> > than the original design.
>>
>> >> >> > As I may have mentioned in a previous post, I readily accept the possibility
>> >> >> > that some entity may have created this universe. And, I think that anything
>> >> >> > with that kind of power would probably appear to be omniscient to us.
>> >> >> > However, I also believe that it is VERY unlikely that any entity that could
>> >> >> > have created this reality would bare even the slightest resemblance to
>> >> >> > anything we describe as a god.
>>
>> >> >> > The reasoning for that seems fairly straightforward to me:
>>
>> >> >> > Most of the gods we have created seem to be pretty damn lame. I mean come
>> >> >> > on. You want me to kill a goat, sacrifice a virgin, or set fire to a wax
>> >> >> > stick in your honor. REALLY??? And you're going to send me to hell for
>> >> >> > eternity because I thought the neighbor's wife was a hot piece of tail?
>> >> >> > Jeesh. As gods go you suck dude.
>>
>> >> >> > Another thing. You would think that god would find a better way of
>> >> >> > correcting bad behavior than to fry people for an eternity. Even we lowly
>> >> >> > humans know that setting someone on fire is not the best way to convince 'em
>> >> >> > to mend their ways.
>>
>> >> >> > Lastly but not finally. If god created this reality then at a minimum he
>> >> >> > created one and possibly infinitely more universes. In this one there are an
>> >> >> > estimated 300 sextillion stars. That's 300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars
>> >> >> > if you're looking for precision. You would think that with all that stuff
>> >> >> > floating around out there that he/she/it would have better things to do than
>> >> >> > make sure that little johnnies prayers are answered with a brand new bike on
>> >> >> > his birthday.
>>
>> >> >> > My guess is that any entity capable of creating all of this would see us as
>> >> >> > a minor infestation of germs at best.
>>
>> >> >> >> On Apr 20, 5:40 pm, Chuck Bowling <aardvarkstudio.chu...@gmail.com>
>> >> >> >> wrote:
>> >> >> >> > On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:32 AM, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >> >> >> > > Whatever work I do and the effort that I make , is it God doing it ?
>> >> >> >> > > No , I do it all , but It is God who gives me the strength to do it.
>> >> >> >> > > Without His strength even the resolve to do anything wouldn't come to
>> >> >> >> > > my mind.
>>
>> >> >> >> > Now when you say that God is giving you strength can you be more
>> >> >> >> > specific?
>> >> >> >> > Is he providing your mitochondria with more ADP or is he upping your
>> >> >> >> > serotonin or dopamine levels to give you a greater feeling of reward for
>> >> >> >> > your accomplishments?
>>
>> >> >> >> > And, if so, can you tell me exactly how he does that? I mean, is he
>> >> >> >> > causing
>> >> >> >> > re-uptake inhibition or is he actually producing a greater volume of
>> >> >> >> > chemical messengers at the synapse?
>>
>> >> >> >> > I guess if it's psychological strength it would have to be the latter.
>> >> >> >> > If it
>> >> >> >> > were greater physical strength then you'd probably be able to lift cars
>> >> >> >> > off
>> >> >> >> > the ground.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> >> - Show quoted text -

0 comments:

Post a Comment