Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Values

understand
Allan

do not murder, rape or enslave others

-----Original Message-----
From: Mardi McCabe <mardidennis@gmail.com>
To: "\"Minds Eye\"" <minds-eye@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 5:07 pm
Subject: Mind's Eye Re: Values

OK I'll weigh in on Values. I'm speaking from the vantage point of now being able to look back on a number of decades of my life and review the many expressions and stages of my self over time. I think that some of the values from as early as childhood stay with us all our lives while other values are only with us a short time and then are forgotten; and some are modified, shifted, re-imagined as we move through our lives. Like Allan, I placed a high value on sex in my 20s and early 30s. I then began to realize that although orgasms were a great experience, they actually had no weight or substance in creating an abundant life in which I wanted to live. I specifically thought about it in contrast with the deeply permanent resonance I experience when I hike through the mountains, river gorges, wild beaches and wilderness which remains in memory with as much harmonic resonance as the physical experience. It generates deep profound reverberations throughout my being that suffuses through my heart, soul, mind and body transforming my lived experience in permanent grace and belonging and participation in the life of the whole world and universe. The high value of art in my life (breathing it in with my eyes, feeling the wonder of it flow through my soul) and the creation of art through visual images and through words in poetry and creative prose, has been with me from my earliest memories at 3 years old and continuing to generate every aspect of my life and will until I pass on to another life. My enjoyment of friendships has been a high value for me as well. But it took me a long time to figure out what friends brought me joy and fed my spirit and soul with light. And now, although I still value friendships highly, I have realized an even higher value for me is the people I love deeply, and who love me deeply, and like stars orbiting each other our lives sing with the foundations of the universe.

On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 8:40:15 AM UTC-4 Allan Heretic wrote:
personally this topic deserveds its own thread
So..---¶
Leaving aside philosophy let's talk about values. How should a person live?

What is character, is it living for sex, money and fame?Is that all there in life.

Personally I feel striving for values is of utmost importance... your "noncorpal entity aka Soul" 😱 is striving to understand the Holy Triad of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, the creator, sustainer, and destroyer of worlds .. oddly this is not wrong.. but a great deal closer than people realize..
as for value all souls regardless of beliefs are seeking to find harmony and balance with our Creator no matter how we believe in him..

sex lol I remember when it was an obsession with me personally, I mean I loved getting laid.. one day driven by primal drive and I loved busting my nuts.. I suddenly realized in the middle of the act of getting laid what I really wanted was to be accepted as I am without qualification to change.
yeah then and there my life and views changed..  I like the change.. I had to learn to accept others as they were especially the ladies. going out for dinner was just that going out for dinner , friendship and intelligent conversations. I found many ladies to be extremely intelligent...  but like all things a learned to avoid (almost) bimbos who's sole obsession is with guy sometime they were far worse than I ever was.

playing games i damaged my hand and should.. when pain starts I need to stop..
but here is a start to "Values"
Allan

I would like your views on that.



do not murder, rape or enslave others

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/minds-eye/ec494772-1454-4779-9307-066ff10d46b5n%40googlegroups.com.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/minds-eye/c6ea123b-6f93-4637-a699-58592fc0c7d4.maildroid%40localhost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment