Monday, August 5, 2019

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Avarice

You always seem to find a kind way. Avarice Is coming from EGO. Once read that EGO is short form of Easing God Out.. I was surprised by the actual meaning of the word that is why i included the meaning.
As for what "I have done, and what I have failed to do" that comes from the prayer of asking forgiveness. As for my ego, well I try to work the ,12 steps of AA Which requires me to examine my activities of the day. Both good and bad  both what I have done (good & bad) including what I have failed to do. I started my sobriety journey 5 Dec 1979. It works only one day at a time for which I am very grateful. I have no desire to return to where I started.
Avarice is specifically defined as :
noun (uncountable)
• Excessive or inordinate desire of gain; greediness after wealth; covetousness; cupidity.
• Inordinate desire for some supposed good.
As I try to carefully live to the valued I hold true. I treasure God as I understand him. I have tried reading some of the modern ideas  ... Most of the time they make very little sense. Everyone is free to believe what ever they want.
I Placed the definition on the Group for starting point to examine the world in which base different perspective from around the world. But whatever.


ah

-----Original Message-----
From: Molly Brogan <mollybrogan@gmail.com>
To: "\"Minds Eye\"" <minds-eye@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 1:37 PM
Subject: Mind's Eye Re: Avarice

I mean this in a neutral, kind way. I see that view of avarice as all coming from ego: what I have done, what I have failed, the world in which I live: all self referenced. So it would seem that avarice, like the christian seven deadly sins, or the buddhist hungry ghosts, all self referenced views that are barriers to the non dual perspective, where there is no separation from god, no assignment of value, no cause and effect. No difference between self and the world in which we live. The understanding of many paradoxes must come first. How we identify with our experience. How we value to allow a sense of time and space. Separation is an enormous expanse, and I haven't read anything that says once a non duel view is achieved, we never see or feel separation again. Life is a dance, and we are the dance, always moving, each step related to the others, unity and separation integral.

Sri Nisargadatta's book "That I am" is filled with pointers to the non dual perspective (he is Hindu) yet the title seems to me derived from the bible passage "Be still and know that I am God." That passage, viewed from a non dual perspective, does not separate I and God. but you have to know "I am God" first.

At this point, all of life is integrated, including individualism, science, religion... all included, not left behind. Just known differently and moment to moment. Like dreaming, some moments are lucid, some are not. If more are than are not we remain steadily on the non local path that we walk alone in unity.


On Sunday, August 4, 2019 at 11:06:37 PM UTC-4, Allan Heretic wrote:
AVARICE

pronunciation
• (IPA): /ˈævəɹɪs/

noun (uncountable)
• Excessive or inordinate desire of gain; greediness after wealth; covetousness; cupidity.
• Inordinate desire for some supposed good.

synonyms
• avariciousness

Avarice
Strange word.. I am wondering how many times I  have read that word without  actually  knowing the meaning.. today I looked it up.. and it is about time. (excuse: no dictionary), but that is one that is no longer valid. I  have one in my smartphone to help  me with my spelling.
Avarice as a word actually  describes the world I live in and helped create. 'In what I have done and what I have failed to do!'   if nothing else look up the meaning of a word I didn't understand,  pretending  that I  knew and understood what was being said.
The world or reality in which I live is a world filled with avarice to which I must  plead guilty of contributing to its creation.  I  just purchased a new smartphone for  the simple reason I  wanted a new phone to fulfill my greed.. I easily found reasons to justify my personal greed.
Avarice is consuming our western christian culture. while claiming  to  be believers  and followers  of the great teacher Jesus.. as I justify my separation greed and need for things that tend to separate me from  truly  following  the spiritual truths I have found and claim to hold dear.

Has  anyone  found my sign that reads "REPENT!"? I  seemed to have lost  it.

ah

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/minds-eye/19bdb39b-d29a-4b92-a914-dc4965af4843%40googlegroups.com.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/minds-eye/cc3d584a-5da8-400f-a6b2-9d290288e414.maildroid%40localhost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment