Saturday, December 31, 2011

[Mind's Eye] Re: Xmas television

Rock on Allan - my regards to your wife.

On Dec 28 2011, 7:38 pm, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This years was great,, only dinner on christmas eve  and the rest just me
> and my wife  how sweet it is.
> Allan
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 8:12 PM, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The kicker for me is dark rum, preferably Navy issue (Pusser's).  I
> > get mellow but feel bad enough the following day to prevent any desire
> > to repeat for a year or two.
>
> > On Dec 27, 3:10 am, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Some of us are happy via Skype or the telephone, also. I wish I could
> > > enjoy tea- it seems so insipid versus coffee. It reminds me of wine
> > > versus whiskey in the old days.
>
> > > On Dec 26, 5:52 pm, Francis Hunt <francis.h...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > Gave both series of The Killing on DVD to my daughter for Christmas.
> > Well
> > > > worth watching. I spent Christmas Day - as always - with my daughters
> > and
> > > > grandson; in the end, the most important thing about Christmas is being
> > > > with and loving your family and those you love. We finished a very late
> > > > evening with the girls drinking Baileys (and me tea), watching Monty
> > > > Python's take on the Christmas story - the Life of Brian ... :-)
>
> > > > On 26 December 2011 22:21, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > In backward Britain we get Lovefilm - I have to use hide my IP to get
> > > > > Netflix and get my mate in Saratoga Springs to pay via transfer from
> > > > > me.  You're right Molly - roll on the time when I don't have to rely
> > > > > on C4 and BBC4 for European series and films.  We've just had 'The
> > > > > Killing' from Danish TV which was superb.  The idea of self-
> > > > > compilation is good and the market is way behind.
>
> > > > > On Dec 26, 2:03 pm, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > Netflix and the latest online viewing technology have revived my
> > > > > > viewing pleasure.  My new bluetooth TV device lets us watch you
> > tube
> > > > > > videos in succession by subject or artist on the big screen.  Shows
> > > > > > like a biography or histography.  Fascinating when watching Bill
> > > > > > Hicks, the comedian, or emmy lou harris, who what played with some
> > of
> > > > > > the best musicians in the business in her career.  Bye bye
> > commercial
> > > > > > TV!
>
> > > > > > On Dec 26, 5:43 am, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > I understand..  but I leave mine off ost of the day while the
> > wife is
> > > > > gone
> > > > > > >  the house is very quiet   just me and my dogs. Glad Xmas is
> > over..
> > > > > > > Allan
>
> > > > > > > On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 11:23 PM, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > > > > > > Just had a few beers with my neighbour and substantial chat
> > about
> > > > > > > > cricket (he played a couple of games for the West Indies).  Now
> > > > > > > > fiddling with new computer bits for my grandson's gaming
> > monster and
> > > > > > > > discovering I need some new cables to work around the giant
> > graphics
> > > > > > > > card etc.  May hit the Brazil nuts and dark rum shortly.  A
> > house
> > > > > > > > without a tv is a rarity these days - I may emulate my mate.
>
> > > > > > > > On Dec 25, 9:24 pm, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > > > Spent the day watching christmas tear jerkers.
> > > > > > > > > love being with my wife ..
> > > > > > > > > Allan
>
> > > > > > > > > On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 5:04 PM, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com
>
> > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > > > > Nearly all the tv news today is about the Royal Family -
> > sadly
> > > > > not
> > > > > > > > > > about lining them up against a convenient wall.  Enough to
> > chase
> > > > > me
> > > > > > > > > > out to the pub - but taxis are on double time.  Walk with
> > the
> > > > > dog by
> > > > > > > > > > the river was good.
>
> > > > > > > > > > Xmas television always makes me think how many wrong turns
> > we
> > > > > must
> > > > > > > > > > have taken and how impossible democracy is as a concept if
> > this
> > > > > is a
> > > > > > > > > > good example of what we have become.  We get the Queen
> > lecturing
> > > > > us
> > > > > > > > > > (with her 50 billion plus) lecturing us on a man who
> > eschewed
> > > > > personal
> > > > > > > > > > wealth and no one gets to pelt her with rotten eggs.  My
> > > > > daughter's
> > > > > > > > > > oven broke as she started cooking Xmas dinner, so I
> > transformed
> > > > > into
> > > > > > > > > > 24hr turnout man to fix the fuse.  This was more exciting
> > than
> > > > > the
> > > > > > > > > > tv.  Sitting down wondering if anyone in my family says
> > thankyou
> > > > > > > > > > anymore and clutching to a coffee, the news turned to a
> > lovely
> > > > > woman
> > > > > > > > > > doing OccupyX - and I realised all is not lost.  Our
> > ordinary
> > > > > lives
> > > > > > > > > > are all that matters in many respects.  My neighbour just
> > popped
> > > > > round
> > > > > > > > > > to suggest a few brews later.  He doesn't have a tv.
> >  That's the
> > > > > best
> > > > > > > > > > Xmas television of all!
>
> > > > > > > > > --
> > > > > > > > >  (
> > > > > > > > >   )
> > > > > > > > > |_D Allan
>
> > > > > > > > > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> > > > > > > --
> > > > > > >  (
> > > > > > >   )
> > > > > > > |_D Allan
>
> > > > > > > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.
>
> > > > --
> > > > Francis Hunt
>
> > > > *francishunt.blogspot.com*- Hide quoted text -
>
> > > > - Show quoted text -
>
> --
>  (
>   )
> |_D Allan
>
> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.

0 comments:

Post a Comment