Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Poetry

He is very skilful and void of pride;
He was so to me when at my bedside,
When I turned badly on the 25th of July,
And was ill with inflammation, and like to die.

He told me at once what was ailing me;
He said I had been writing too much poetry,
And from writing poetry I would have to refrain,
Because I was suffering from inflammation on the brain.


On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 4:41:36 AM UTC+1, archytas wrote:
And we have been moving from poetic to bureaucratic technology.  Allan's poems are as bad as Scotland's greatest:

They will one day yet rear him monuments of brass, and weep upon his grave,
Though when he was living they would hardly have give him the price of a shave;
But his peerless, priceless "Poetic Gems" will settle once for all
The claim to immortality of William McGonagall.

Mine are worse.  I rarely like the stuff.  Yet we have to beat bureaucracy with something!

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 3:21:12 AM UTC+1, archytas wrote:
Graffiti in the women's closet is rumoured worse than ours Don, but I haven't seen any decent stuff in ours for years (the beer in here reminds me of making love in the bottom of a punt - fucking close to water).  I always though poetry was what a poncey git used to get into women's knickers.

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 1:21:47 AM UTC+1, Don Johnson wrote:
I wasn't going to post here 'cause I don't write or particularly subscribe to poetry in general. That is I don't seek it out and I don't buy poetry books etc. I, of course, studied in school somewhat and learned to appreciate it somewhat but also learned it's not really my thing. However, while in seedy bars draining swill embibed in the pursuit of debauchery us gentlemen are forced to read what passes for poetry in men's bathrooms, I am quite certain, across the world. Since I have an international readership here(impresses the chicks when I tell them this) I'd love to know first, if girls have rude/bad poetry in their restrooms and if so share please, and second, how badly are Americans trashed in foriegn bathrooms? 

Here's a little ditty from the 70's that's still in style. 

Here I sit, gruntin' and strainin'
Giving birth to another Iranian
Mullah

Of course, various Presidents over the years are trashed as well. Bush got his fair share during his day. Apparently "bush" is an synonym for a woman's vagina. Fun stuff, eh?

dj

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 2:36 AM, <allanh1946@gmail.com> wrote:
Coffee offer is still open. (",)

تجنب. القتل والاغتصاب واستعباد الآخرين
Avoid; murder, rape and enslavement of others

-----Original Message-----
From: archytas <nwterry@gmail.com>
To: minds-eye@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 9:22 AM
Subject: Mind's Eye Re: Poetry

I was going to call you worse Allan - but then remembered the coffee offer!

Portree lines of two
Cocaine addiction Scooby Do.

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 7:21:37 AM UTC+1, Allan Heretic wrote:
Repeat to change  subject

Have been called far worse.
I actually  wrote out the rules years ago so I could write poetry. . Also how to break them..  then it became easy.. never could figure  out the guidelines for other formats of poetry.. 
But it is both easy and fun to write.

Poetry
With lines of three
Middle longer

Bending
To fit language
Needs

Ideas
Ever expanding
Thoughts

Minimum
One set of three
Growing

Occasionally
Fourth  line added
Emphasis

Variable
Fitting  mood
Variable

تجنب. القتل والاغتصاب واستعباد الآخرين
Avoid; murder, rape and enslavement of others

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ""Minds Eye"" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to minds-eye+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment