Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Re: Mind's Eye Facebook IPO rip-off?

the only reason I use face book now is because my daughter is ther and it is how I keep track of what is happening in her life..
I like the new EU laws that require these massive companies to turn over all information they have on  you on request..  and also have to delete all information  also on request.. will glad when they take effect.. 
The companies don't like the fines involved if they don't comply.
Allan


On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:50 AM, archytas <nwterry@gmail.com> wrote:
The selling point of Facebook is supposedly the "lock-in" it has one
you as a customer because your friends are there.  I can't really be
bothered with it because so many people I don't want to know are
there!  And all the spam and dire else that comes with the Internet.
I do shop online, but that's largely because I don't like shops and
shopping - plus some stuff is much cheaper than my 'local' chain-
store.

What I'd like to be able to do is buy in advance direct from
manufacturers in an environment  of peer review on quality and
service.  One can easily imagine a kind of auction service for such in
which I put up what I want and manufacturers and service suppliers
could bid to fulfill my needs and that of my agreed collective.  I'd
want fellow members to be able to control and advertising and for a
collective representation if things go wrong.

The technology to run Facebook is hardly a barrier to entry.  My idea
would be to undercut retailing through a new logistic model that would
not involve the collective auction becoming a retailer or holding
stock.  One example is Green Metropolis which just takes a fee on
books held by members and sold through its site.

I think a lot of fingers will get burned over Facebook.  I wonder if
there is an alternative that would not be concerned with retailing and
all its gimmicks?  I've never responded to a Google ad so far and
suspect there must be a better way to source essentials.




--
 (
  )
|_D Allan

Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.



Mind's Eye Facebook IPO rip-off?

The selling point of Facebook is supposedly the "lock-in" it has one
you as a customer because your friends are there. I can't really be
bothered with it because so many people I don't want to know are
there! And all the spam and dire else that comes with the Internet.
I do shop online, but that's largely because I don't like shops and
shopping - plus some stuff is much cheaper than my 'local' chain-
store.

What I'd like to be able to do is buy in advance direct from
manufacturers in an environment of peer review on quality and
service. One can easily imagine a kind of auction service for such in
which I put up what I want and manufacturers and service suppliers
could bid to fulfill my needs and that of my agreed collective. I'd
want fellow members to be able to control and advertising and for a
collective representation if things go wrong.

The technology to run Facebook is hardly a barrier to entry. My idea
would be to undercut retailing through a new logistic model that would
not involve the collective auction becoming a retailer or holding
stock. One example is Green Metropolis which just takes a fee on
books held by members and sold through its site.

I think a lot of fingers will get burned over Facebook. I wonder if
there is an alternative that would not be concerned with retailing and
all its gimmicks? I've never responded to a Google ad so far and
suspect there must be a better way to source essentials.

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Beliefs

lol  you   have a guardian Neil, mine ended up with the  name Patches over a long duration, and it put a name it put a name to my companion Patches does not  wake my dogs when I am to lazy to d it,,  maybe the interation can be more explained like a parent or older sibling guiding you at wha you are doing.

You may notice it when your attention is suddenly drawn an object for what ever reason.  If you take the time to understand the faith of a child and not having to know everything your guardian may calm you guiding you in the assembly process.. Forgive me when I say i enjoy the company of my guardian,  when I am trying to understand something I   talk to patches,  what people see is me talking to my self,,  that is there problem.
Allan

You might try calling your guardian "Charlie"  or something else it doesn't matter 



On Jan 31, 2012 5:50 PM, "archytas" <nwterry@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Our dog is upstairs sulking because I'm building a flat-pack wardrobe
> in Sue's room instead of letting him drag me round the block.  One is
> in need of several 'Patches' in life to cope with dog detritus
> cunningly placed underfoot and the congeries of flat-pack assembly -
> notably one to cope with my temper on these occasions of hazard!
> On Jan 30, 7:35 am, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have had both of my knees replaced,  I am not complaining as they are
> > what allow me to walk normally,  they do come with their share of problems
> > though and they can not take the abuse of a normal healthy knee..
> >
> > This morning I was taking my dog down stairs to go potty, half awake as
> > usual and I over stepped taking three steps at one time. That is not good
> > for me or my artificial knees. The moment before what could have been a
> > serious accident happened I was suddenly brought to being totally
> > alert where I was able to prevent a serious falling accident. I have a
> > Spiritual Guardian whose name is Patches who managed to save my buns from
> > serious injury. Patches is very much part of my life in this physical
> > world, Because of him I know there is order instead of chaos and also there
> > is rank and file.
> >
> > I am very grateful to Patches as he has been my companion though thick an
> > thin. I know he is a very honored guardian, the reason why I prefer not to
> > make public..
> >
> > (NOTE)
> > The occupy movement is required to move to shelters during freezing weather
> > which was to the delight of the Mayor of Den Haag ,,  sorry
> > the occupy movement is allowed to be on their site till 10 PM at which time
> > they are required to go to shelters for their safety, The courts have ruled
> > this way  and they also ruled that the tents do not have to be removed and
> > when it is safe to return they will to their tents full time..  the
> > emergency shelters are open to all that need them and the homeless are
> > required to go there.. The City is also required to 'post' Police Officers
> > to protect their property and tents while they are in the shelters.
> >
> > It is nice to see protesters dealt with humanly rather than have them beat
> > up at the whim of politicians under the influence of money.
> > Allan
> >
> > --
> >  (
> >   )
> > |_D Allan
> >
> > Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.hel\

Re: Mind's Eye The Unconscious

I do do that kind of speculation RP - but sometimes something 'closer
to home' makes me wonder. Epigenetics closely links our changes in
evolution with climatic changes and the like (good example at PLoS
One, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0030226). This adaptability can often
feel built-in by mind. I agree with Dawkins that such spewculation
doesn't seem to help at all with science - but science itself comes up
short in terms of the moral. I'm putting a flat-pack wardrobe
together at the moment to make storing our stuff easier (etc.) - and I
often wonder why this life - I tend to prefer it being for something
and that 'we' may know this in the future.

On Jan 31, 5:40 pm, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If we conjecture that infinite space was always there without a beginning
> and infinite number of universes have been born and died we reach some sort
> of an answer. Just before this universe the energy latent in space
> convulsed and formed a cosmic egg , which by its very nature contained the
> entirety of the universe as a hen is contained in an egg , now the energy
> which created the egg had to be guided by something and to me the answer is
> the cosmic mind. Neil, this is my conjecture , but I like the truth to be
> so.

Re: Mind's Eye The Unconscious

If we conjecture that infinite space was always there without a beginning and infinite number of universes have been born and died we reach some sort of an answer. Just before this universe the energy latent in space convulsed and formed a cosmic egg , which by its very nature contained the entirety of the universe as a hen is contained in an egg , now the energy which created the egg had to be guided by something and to me the answer is the cosmic mind. Neil, this is my conjecture , but I like the truth to be so.

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Truth & I

The 'making sense of things later' seems true even in the split second
in brain research. I regard all strategy as retrospectively devised!
There's a book just out by Hill and Myatt (economists) on just how
facile economics teaching is in universities - but this contains
nothing on how this has happened. Some of this seems to me connected
with a lack of movement beyond identity Molly.

On Jan 31, 1:30 pm, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Part of human nature is to identify with people, thoughts, ideas
> around us.  Being able to witness your identification, and moving
> beyond it is the real treasure.
>
> On Jan 29, 9:10 pm, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Molly your question has my mind running around its dust bins.  Most my
> > thoughts are not original but more composites of other ideas. They are like
> > hand me downs,,  like the 3D image comes from watching how people search
> > for treasure on sunken vessels, it is rags from a different ?idea?.
>
> > My world is a world of rags in the form of other ideas.
> > Allan
> >  On Jan 29, 2012 8:21 PM, "Allan H" <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Yeah   it is kind of like an old dog sappen  on his favorite bone.
>
> > > it is trying to understand others, and what I have experienced  As I have
> > > very few friends that like discussing God  I talk to myself a lot..which is
> > > no problem as I am never really alone,.
> > > Allan
>
> > > On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >> Not at all irrelevant.  did you have more thoughts about this?
>
> > >> On Jan 28, 10:19 am, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >> > Hi Mol&Rigs, listening to you two I've been asking myself why none of
> > >> > you mentions Jung and his description of the collective unconscious. I
> > >> > haven't read the Red Book yet, but maybe of of you has and could tell
> > >> > me why this is irrelevant to what you are discussing.
>
> > >> > On Jan 27, 2:35 pm, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >> > > The paramount paradox.
>
> > >> > > On Jan 27, 8:21 am, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > >> > > > Yes- I've read a lot of Campbell and admire his efforts. In fact, I
> > >> > > > was going to put the Oriental Mythology of his Masks of God series
> > >> > > > aside to reread- Indian, Chinese and Japanese chapters. I wish I
> > >> could
> > >> > > > keep certain studies on top of my thinking but maybe I have read so
> > >> > > > much there is a chute to forgetfulness or a pit of scrambled
> > >> > > > ideas! :-) Oh, dear!
>
> > >> > > > However, back to your comment about looking back/within. I consider
> > >> > > > there is impossible split between the spiritual and material and yet
> > >> > > > that is our struggle to bridge- if possible.
>
> > >> > > > On Jan 27, 6:32 am, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >> > > > > Do myths disappear?  Joseph Campbell mapped common human myth
> > >> around
> > >> > > > > the word and through time to discover a mechanism something close
> > >> to
> > >> > > > > common memory - the expression of the same archetypes in real
> > >> time,
> > >> > > > > isolated incidents around the globe and at the same time.  This
> > >> > > > > phenomena has occurred throughout human history.  This may tell us
> > >> > > > > that it is not the looking back that is important, but as Vam
> > >> says,
> > >> > > > > looking within.
>
> > >> > > > > On Jan 26, 5:54 am, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > >> > > > > > What is original? I might argue that one is simply explicating
> > >> what
> > >> > > > > > already exists.
>
> > >> > > > > > Each generation assumes it has a distinct character- or needs
> > >> to prove
> > >> > > > > > that it has.
>
> > >> > > > > > Was thinking the reason myths disappear is because they were
> > >> oral and
> > >> > > > > > native languages are usually suppressed by the conquerors. One
> > >> also
> > >> > > > > > carries family myths- which interfere with deep communication.
>
> > >> > > > > > Yes- there are terrible inequities- all the more scandalous
> > >> because
> > >> > > > > > there really is plenty to go around so the root is greed and
> > >> distain
> > >> > > > > > for others. Governments only pretend to care for all its
> > >> citizens- it
> > >> > > > > > picks and chooses.
>
> > >> > > > > > We passed the Gilded Age- I would call this the Tinsel Age.
>
> > >> > > > > > On Jan 25, 9:45 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >> > > > > > > I would say, Vam, that you often jump in the water with an
> > >> 'entourage'
> > >> > > > > > > of assumptive baggage.  I probably dislike citation more than
> > >> you and
> > >> > > > > > > am not the first.  Veblen would be a good start (to use some
> > >> rough
> > >> > > > > > > citation).  These days, you can at least Google the name.
> > >>  When I
> > >> > > > > > > started it meant a trip to the library.  Anyone who has the
> > >> chance to
> > >> > > > > > > read a lot of what's available (this is still remarkably few)
> > >> should
> > >> > > > > > > discover most of what they thought their own ideas have been
> > >> done
> > >> > > > > > > before.  The idea  is no doubt to try to 'stand on the
> > >> shoulders of
> > >> > > > > > > giants' (itself a wisecrack by Newton on Hooke's dwarfish
> > >> stature).
> > >> > > > > > > The 'giants' always turn out flawed.  Moses is a war criminal
> > >> in
> > >> > > > > > > Numbers 31, the Greeks, for all their argument, never
> > >> produced a
> > >> > > > > > > decent one against slavery (the lunatic-religious John Brown
> > >> being
> > >> > > > > > > better).  Many, because they don't read enough, attribute
> > >> 'relativity'
> > >> > > > > > > to Einstein, but it has a longer and wider history.  The
> > >> chattering
> > >> > > > > > > class reinvents the square wheel all over the place.
>
> > >> > > > > > > What if the best of our system is fascist and we have grown
> > >> in such
> > >> > > > > > > culture, or a caste system?  By what processes do we get an
> > >> > > > > > > understanding for change from such?  Western propaganda would
> > >> have us
> > >> > > > > > > believe pouring resources into the gullets of the rich is
> > >> sensible.
> > >> > > > > > > We all live in the gutter.  Only some  of us lift our eyes to
> > >> the
> > >> > > > > > > stars.  If only I was smart enough to have been first to
> > >> that! (Oscar
> > >> > > > > > > Wilde)   A common jibe by academics is that common sense is
> > >> that which
> > >> > > > > > > allows us to believe the world is flat - yet flat-earth was an
> > >> > > > > > > academic construction - one can actually see the curvature of
> > >> the
> > >> > > > > > > Earth.
>
> > >> > > > > > > What we need is reliable collective memory.   Given our
> > >> capacity  to
> > >> > > > > > > pervert, citation is usually used in a highly selective
> > >> manner,
> > >> > > > > > > usually along with a core academic (religious etc.) narrative
> > >> of
> > >> > > > > > > exclusion of competing argument.  Control of what is reliable
> > >> memory
> > >> > > > > > > is, of course, just what those in power want to maintain -
> > >> perhaps
> > >> > > > > > > through principles of Home and Vanity.  I will always prefer
> > >> the
> > >> > > > > > > margins to this, remembering that to oppose tyranny can
> > >> pervert  into
> > >> > > > > > > its support.
>
> > >> > > > > > > Deconstruction is only a beginning.  I believe its spirit
> > >> concerns a
> > >> > > > > > > defeat of madness that includes rationalist fantasy and animal
> > >> > > > > > > consensus (which I sense as grasping, selfish individualism
> > >> easy to
> > >> > > > > > > rule).
>
> > >> > > > > > > On Jan 25, 3:26 am, Vam <atewari2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >> > > > > > > >  "Is this not an important part of the dynamic
> > >> multidimensional mind
> > >> > > > > > > > Vam, can you find nothing of value with meeting this view
> > >> at least as
> > >> > > > > > > > a challenge?"
>
> > >> > > > > > > > James, starting with God is a bad idea. Perhaps, ending up
> > >> at it is
> > >> > > > > > > > what needs to happen. Dawkins was in Jaipur here and I
> > >> found his view
> > >> > > > > > > > a lot more balanced, less bigoted and militant.
>
> > >> > > > > > > > And Neil is right : it must deal with morality. Where his
> > >> discourse
> > >> > > > > > > > runs dry is when he is quoting other people ! That is also
> > >> my
> > >> > > > > > > > compelling logic against intellectual property rights. What
> > >> damned
> > >> > > > > > > > "rights" on knowledge of any kind ? Or, why must we have to
> > >> give
> > >> > > > > > > > references, when all we wish to say is ours, with us ? If
> > >> it's not
> > >> > > > > > > > ours, for us to say, we should STFU !
>
> > >> > > > > > > > The formal aspect of Truth or truths is onerous. There are
> > >> libraries
> > >> > > > > > > > out there where it goes dry. It is the informal one that I
> > >> wish to put
> > >> > > > > > > > across : it is mine... and for that reason should be
> > >> everyone's, of
> > >> > > > > > > > everything. And that ( informal aspect ) is... HOME. The
> > >> search for
> > >> > > > > > > > that place which is truly ours, where we can rest without
> > >> fear, free
> > >> > > > > > > > and fulfilled, which nothing in the whole universe can take
> > >> away from
> > >> > > > > > > > us. Truth is our Home.
>
> > >> > > > > > > > This is no parable I've begun. People are spent for and on
> > >> a " home "
> > >> > > > > > > > for themselves. They build, buy, rent one for the body...
> > >> house or
> > >> > > > > > > > apartment, car or craft. But then the worst a-holes amongst
> > >> us come to
> > >> > > > > > > > believe that home they are so invested on is also the "
> > >> home " to
> > >> > > > > > > > their emotion, to their thought, their identity, and their
> > >> happiness
> > >> > > > > > > > too ! Well, it is and it definitely isn't.
>
> > >> > > > > > > > The better ( a-hols ) take on a wife, friend, progeny or
> > >> pet,
> > >> > > > > > > > community or cause, to engage their
> > >> emotion-thought-identity where,
> > >> > > > > > > > with whom or which, one then feels at home. Of that our
> > >> thought is
> > >> > > > > > > > preoccupied... that same ' faculty ' that had been used to
> > >> focus on
> > >> > > > > > > > money to buy the home, on the value of food and worth of
> > >> delicacies,
> > >> > > > > > > > on the relevance of what is beneficial and serves our
> > >> purposes and
>
> ...
>
> read more »

Re: Mind's Eye The Unconscious

This is at it seems to me RP. The maths of tomorrow being rather like
today is famously complicated though. One cannot be sure about
designing mind and I can think of other possibilities, though none
resolve the beginning conundrum.

On Jan 30, 2:14 am, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The orderly way our body is formed and works throughout life , the
> effects of food and the environment on it - shows that there is some
> Mind behind it and which by its very name denotes order and not chaos.
> We can see order everywhere and where we don't we will find so in
> times to come as life cannot be explained by human caprice. Neil , the
> spiritual and the material is mixed up and no spiritual activity can
> override its physical or material background. You will still need this
> physical body and brain for all your spiritual controls. And the
> physical , you will admit , is very much controlled by laws of biology
> etc.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:36 AM, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure we are that certain of the trajectories of celestial
> > bodies RP.  We need fractals even for that.  I'm not sure determinism
> > matters as we attempt to understand what is determining us and whether
> > we can exert some other (spiritual) 'control'.  It may all be for
> > nothing by such is the nature of the quest.
>
> > On Jan 29, 6:44 pm, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> If you read my posts in continuum you will find that I have been
> >> saying the same thing , although not thus rudely.
>
> >> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM, pol.science kid <r.freeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > but sometimes you know .. you say something completely different..
>
> >> > On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 8:51 PM, RP Singh <123...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> >> God , Nature , Truth , Reality is unconscious and the Creation which
> >> >> emanates from it has no choice. You may think that you have choice , but
> >> >> whatever you think , feel and do is as certain as the trajectory of the
> >> >> celestial bodies. The entire universe , you included, is bound by laws and
> >> >> everyone is a slave to" Laws", that is , "The Will of God".
>
> >> > --
> >> > EverComing

Mind's Eye Re: Beliefs

Our dog is upstairs sulking because I'm building a flat-pack wardrobe
in Sue's room instead of letting him drag me round the block. One is
in need of several 'Patches' in life to cope with dog detritus
cunningly placed underfoot and the congeries of flat-pack assembly -
notably one to cope with my temper on these occasions of hazard!

On Jan 30, 7:35 am, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have had both of my knees replaced,  I am not complaining as they are
> what allow me to walk normally,  they do come with their share of problems
> though and they can not take the abuse of a normal healthy knee..
>
> This morning I was taking my dog down stairs to go potty, half awake as
> usual and I over stepped taking three steps at one time. That is not good
> for me or my artificial knees. The moment before what could have been a
> serious accident happened I was suddenly brought to being totally
> alert where I was able to prevent a serious falling accident. I have a
> Spiritual Guardian whose name is Patches who managed to save my buns from
> serious injury. Patches is very much part of my life in this physical
> world, Because of him I know there is order instead of chaos and also there
> is rank and file.
>
> I am very grateful to Patches as he has been my companion though thick an
> thin. I know he is a very honored guardian, the reason why I prefer not to
> make public..
>
> (NOTE)
> The occupy movement is required to move to shelters during freezing weather
> which was to the delight of the Mayor of Den Haag ,,  sorry
> the occupy movement is allowed to be on their site till 10 PM at which time
> they are required to go to shelters for their safety, The courts have ruled
> this way  and they also ruled that the tents do not have to be removed and
> when it is safe to return they will to their tents full time..  the
> emergency shelters are open to all that need them and the homeless are
> required to go there.. The City is also required to 'post' Police Officers
> to protect their property and tents while they are in the shelters.
>
> It is nice to see protesters dealt with humanly rather than have them beat
> up at the whim of politicians under the influence of money.
> Allan
>
> --
>  (
>   )
> |_D Allan
>
> Life is for moral, ethical and truthful living.

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Truth & I

Part of human nature is to identify with people, thoughts, ideas
around us. Being able to witness your identification, and moving
beyond it is the real treasure.

On Jan 29, 9:10 pm, Allan H <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Molly your question has my mind running around its dust bins.  Most my
> thoughts are not original but more composites of other ideas. They are like
> hand me downs,,  like the 3D image comes from watching how people search
> for treasure on sunken vessels, it is rags from a different ?idea?.
>
> My world is a world of rags in the form of other ideas.
> Allan
>  On Jan 29, 2012 8:21 PM, "Allan H" <allanh1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > Yeah   it is kind of like an old dog sappen  on his favorite bone.
>
> > it is trying to understand others, and what I have experienced  As I have
> > very few friends that like discussing God  I talk to myself a lot..which is
> > no problem as I am never really alone,.
> > Allan
>
> > On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Not at all irrelevant.  did you have more thoughts about this?
>
> >> On Jan 28, 10:19 am, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > Hi Mol&Rigs, listening to you two I've been asking myself why none of
> >> > you mentions Jung and his description of the collective unconscious. I
> >> > haven't read the Red Book yet, but maybe of of you has and could tell
> >> > me why this is irrelevant to what you are discussing.
>
> >> > On Jan 27, 2:35 pm, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > The paramount paradox.
>
> >> > > On Jan 27, 8:21 am, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > > Yes- I've read a lot of Campbell and admire his efforts. In fact, I
> >> > > > was going to put the Oriental Mythology of his Masks of God series
> >> > > > aside to reread- Indian, Chinese and Japanese chapters. I wish I
> >> could
> >> > > > keep certain studies on top of my thinking but maybe I have read so
> >> > > > much there is a chute to forgetfulness or a pit of scrambled
> >> > > > ideas! :-) Oh, dear!
>
> >> > > > However, back to your comment about looking back/within. I consider
> >> > > > there is impossible split between the spiritual and material and yet
> >> > > > that is our struggle to bridge- if possible.
>
> >> > > > On Jan 27, 6:32 am, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > > > Do myths disappear?  Joseph Campbell mapped common human myth
> >> around
> >> > > > > the word and through time to discover a mechanism something close
> >> to
> >> > > > > common memory - the expression of the same archetypes in real
> >> time,
> >> > > > > isolated incidents around the globe and at the same time.  This
> >> > > > > phenomena has occurred throughout human history.  This may tell us
> >> > > > > that it is not the looking back that is important, but as Vam
> >> says,
> >> > > > > looking within.
>
> >> > > > > On Jan 26, 5:54 am, rigsy03 <rigs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > > > > What is original? I might argue that one is simply explicating
> >> what
> >> > > > > > already exists.
>
> >> > > > > > Each generation assumes it has a distinct character- or needs
> >> to prove
> >> > > > > > that it has.
>
> >> > > > > > Was thinking the reason myths disappear is because they were
> >> oral and
> >> > > > > > native languages are usually suppressed by the conquerors. One
> >> also
> >> > > > > > carries family myths- which interfere with deep communication.
>
> >> > > > > > Yes- there are terrible inequities- all the more scandalous
> >> because
> >> > > > > > there really is plenty to go around so the root is greed and
> >> distain
> >> > > > > > for others. Governments only pretend to care for all its
> >> citizens- it
> >> > > > > > picks and chooses.
>
> >> > > > > > We passed the Gilded Age- I would call this the Tinsel Age.
>
> >> > > > > > On Jan 25, 9:45 am, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > > > > > I would say, Vam, that you often jump in the water with an
> >> 'entourage'
> >> > > > > > > of assumptive baggage.  I probably dislike citation more than
> >> you and
> >> > > > > > > am not the first.  Veblen would be a good start (to use some
> >> rough
> >> > > > > > > citation).  These days, you can at least Google the name.
> >>  When I
> >> > > > > > > started it meant a trip to the library.  Anyone who has the
> >> chance to
> >> > > > > > > read a lot of what's available (this is still remarkably few)
> >> should
> >> > > > > > > discover most of what they thought their own ideas have been
> >> done
> >> > > > > > > before.  The idea  is no doubt to try to 'stand on the
> >> shoulders of
> >> > > > > > > giants' (itself a wisecrack by Newton on Hooke's dwarfish
> >> stature).
> >> > > > > > > The 'giants' always turn out flawed.  Moses is a war criminal
> >> in
> >> > > > > > > Numbers 31, the Greeks, for all their argument, never
> >> produced a
> >> > > > > > > decent one against slavery (the lunatic-religious John Brown
> >> being
> >> > > > > > > better).  Many, because they don't read enough, attribute
> >> 'relativity'
> >> > > > > > > to Einstein, but it has a longer and wider history.  The
> >> chattering
> >> > > > > > > class reinvents the square wheel all over the place.
>
> >> > > > > > > What if the best of our system is fascist and we have grown
> >> in such
> >> > > > > > > culture, or a caste system?  By what processes do we get an
> >> > > > > > > understanding for change from such?  Western propaganda would
> >> have us
> >> > > > > > > believe pouring resources into the gullets of the rich is
> >> sensible.
> >> > > > > > > We all live in the gutter.  Only some  of us lift our eyes to
> >> the
> >> > > > > > > stars.  If only I was smart enough to have been first to
> >> that! (Oscar
> >> > > > > > > Wilde)   A common jibe by academics is that common sense is
> >> that which
> >> > > > > > > allows us to believe the world is flat - yet flat-earth was an
> >> > > > > > > academic construction - one can actually see the curvature of
> >> the
> >> > > > > > > Earth.
>
> >> > > > > > > What we need is reliable collective memory.   Given our
> >> capacity  to
> >> > > > > > > pervert, citation is usually used in a highly selective
> >> manner,
> >> > > > > > > usually along with a core academic (religious etc.) narrative
> >> of
> >> > > > > > > exclusion of competing argument.  Control of what is reliable
> >> memory
> >> > > > > > > is, of course, just what those in power want to maintain -
> >> perhaps
> >> > > > > > > through principles of Home and Vanity.  I will always prefer
> >> the
> >> > > > > > > margins to this, remembering that to oppose tyranny can
> >> pervert  into
> >> > > > > > > its support.
>
> >> > > > > > > Deconstruction is only a beginning.  I believe its spirit
> >> concerns a
> >> > > > > > > defeat of madness that includes rationalist fantasy and animal
> >> > > > > > > consensus (which I sense as grasping, selfish individualism
> >> easy to
> >> > > > > > > rule).
>
> >> > > > > > > On Jan 25, 3:26 am, Vam <atewari2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > > > > > >  "Is this not an important part of the dynamic
> >> multidimensional mind
> >> > > > > > > > Vam, can you find nothing of value with meeting this view
> >> at least as
> >> > > > > > > > a challenge?"
>
> >> > > > > > > > James, starting with God is a bad idea. Perhaps, ending up
> >> at it is
> >> > > > > > > > what needs to happen. Dawkins was in Jaipur here and I
> >> found his view
> >> > > > > > > > a lot more balanced, less bigoted and militant.
>
> >> > > > > > > > And Neil is right : it must deal with morality. Where his
> >> discourse
> >> > > > > > > > runs dry is when he is quoting other people ! That is also
> >> my
> >> > > > > > > > compelling logic against intellectual property rights. What
> >> damned
> >> > > > > > > > "rights" on knowledge of any kind ? Or, why must we have to
> >> give
> >> > > > > > > > references, when all we wish to say is ours, with us ? If
> >> it's not
> >> > > > > > > > ours, for us to say, we should STFU !
>
> >> > > > > > > > The formal aspect of Truth or truths is onerous. There are
> >> libraries
> >> > > > > > > > out there where it goes dry. It is the informal one that I
> >> wish to put
> >> > > > > > > > across : it is mine... and for that reason should be
> >> everyone's, of
> >> > > > > > > > everything. And that ( informal aspect ) is... HOME. The
> >> search for
> >> > > > > > > > that place which is truly ours, where we can rest without
> >> fear, free
> >> > > > > > > > and fulfilled, which nothing in the whole universe can take
> >> away from
> >> > > > > > > > us. Truth is our Home.
>
> >> > > > > > > > This is no parable I've begun. People are spent for and on
> >> a " home "
> >> > > > > > > > for themselves. They build, buy, rent one for the body...
> >> house or
> >> > > > > > > > apartment, car or craft. But then the worst a-holes amongst
> >> us come to
> >> > > > > > > > believe that home they are so invested on is also the "
> >> home " to
> >> > > > > > > > their emotion, to their thought, their identity, and their
> >> happiness
> >> > > > > > > > too ! Well, it is and it definitely isn't.
>
> >> > > > > > > > The better ( a-hols ) take on a wife, friend, progeny or
> >> pet,
> >> > > > > > > > community or cause, to engage their
> >> emotion-thought-identity where,
> >> > > > > > > > with whom or which, one then feels at home. Of that our
> >> thought is
> >> > > > > > > > preoccupied... that same ' faculty ' that had been used to
> >> focus on
> >> > > > > > > > money to buy the home, on the value of food and worth of
> >> delicacies,
> >> > > > > > > > on the relevance of what is beneficial and serves our
> >> purposes and
> >> > > > > > > > what does not.
>
> >> > > > > > > > That pitch of ' acquisition,' value, worth, relevance... is
> >> also there
> >> > > > > > > > in our thought and eye, as in it pre-exists and is
> >> consciously or
> >> > > > > > > > subconsciously applied, for the home-objects of our emotion
> >> as well.
> >> > > > > > > > For a lifetime, we carry that pitch to manage, manipulate,
> >> decide and
> >> > > > > > > > deal with what is outside us to acquire the material
> >> home-object in
> >> > > > > > > > our aim ... a domain that, for all practical purposes,
> >> encompasses
> >> > > > > > > > everything. For everything, external and internal, is
> >> outside the
> >> > > > > > > > agency, the ego-person, we are through the pursuit after
> >> our aim.
>
> >> > > > > > > > What is concurrent within,
>
> ...
>
> read more »

" " Sun Is The Great Lamp " "




BISMILLAHIR RAHMANIR RAHEEM

ASSALAM ALAIKUM WA RAHMATH ULLAHI WA BARKATAHU

 

 

Ya Allah ! 
surely we have heard a preacher calling to the faith, 
saying: Believe in your Lord, so we did believe;
 
Ya Allah !
 forgive us therefore our faults, 
and cover our evil deeds and make us die with the righteous.

 
Ya Allah ! 
grant us good in this world and good in the hereafter,
 and save us from the chastisement of the fire.
 


Ya Allah ! 
Accept From Us ;
Surely Thou Art The Hearing, The Knowing

 

=========================

AAPKI DUA KI TALIB


Mrs Rubina Yasmeen

============================




--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ENGLISH Documents" group.
To post to this group, send email to englishdocuments@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to englishdocuments+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/englishdocuments?hl=en.

Re: Mind's Eye Re: Truth & I

Now I try to avoid judgement, yet it is becoming more and more difficult to avoid, along with the economic whoa - 

I started this just before one of the wife's appointments and I was in one of my notoris discussions  with my self.

Conclusion:

One of the greatest problems today is the ability to make a sound judgement, it seems this ability has eroded away especially in the stock market. I remember when you studied stoc performance over the years in order to make the judgement would the company goup in value or down..  a process that was serious as it cost quite a bit of money to buy the shares and you had to recoup that costs ..  this was based off the preformance of a company over a 1, 2, 5, 10, or 15 year period depending on how you were investing ,, whether it was for short term or long term investment,

Today  well it is based or so it seems strickly on how much you think a stock will go up over the next two minutes or maximum of ten days..  listening to the stock report on TV I am not an investor,, you watch the fluctuation going wild,,  because I work with precious metal,,  I remember the news headline report that Gold was over $2,026.oo to be exact  Ah I see it went up since I last looked   it was $1632. then now it is $1740 it has gone up..  but if I look at the long term market it has lost money,,  You can not say something has gone up in value when it has lost money..  worse yet they hid the highest values it was selling for to hide the poor judgement.

People have lost the the ability to make sound judgement and exchanged the standard for one of greed instead. 

Allan

On Jan 31, 2012 7:34 AM, "rigsy03" <rigsy03@yahoo.com> wrote:

" " A Mouse Trap " " Story


 

A Story of a mouse Trap

 

 

With A Moral At The End

 

This Is Excelent

 


 

 

A Mouse Looked Through The Crack

 

in The Wall To See The Farmer And

 

His Wife Open A Packege

 

What Food Might This Contain

 

The Mouse Wondered

 

He Was Devastated To Discover 

 

It Was A Mouse Trap



 

Retreating To The Farmyard

 

The Mouse Proclaimed The Warning

 

 

 

There is A MouseTrap in The House !

There is A Mousetrap in The House !

 

 

 

The Chicken 

 

 

Clucked And Scratched

 

Raised Her Head And Said



Mr Mouse

i Can Tell This Is A Grave Concern

To You, But it is Of No Consequence To Me, i Cannot Be Bothered By It

 

The Mouse Turned To

 

The Goat ...........

 

And Told Him,

 

There is A Mousetrap in The House!

There is A Mousetrap in The House!

 

 

The Goat Sympathized, But Said

 

i Am So Very Sorry

Mr Mouse. But There is Nothing i Can Do About it, But Pray.

Be  Assured You Are in My Prayers

 

 

The Mouse Turned To

 

The Cow .....

 

There is A Mousetrap in The House !

There is A Mousetrap in The House!

 

The Cow Said :

 

Wow Mr Mouse

I Am Sorry For You 

But it's No Skin Off My Nose.

So, The Mouse Returned To The House,

Head Down And Dejected

To Face The Farmer's Moustrap

Alone.......

 

That Very Night A Sound Was Heard

 

Throughout The House

Like The Sound Of A Mousetrap

Catching Its Prey.

 

The Farmer's Wife Rushed To See

What Was Caught...

 

In The Darkness

 

She Did Not See A Venomous

 

Snake Whose Tail Tha Trap Had Caught

 

The Snake Bit The Farmer's Wife

 

The Farmer Rushed Her To The Hospital......

 

 

And She Returned Home

 

With A Fever

 

Everyone Knows You Treat A Fever

 

With Fresh Chicken Soup,

 

So The Farmer Took His Hatchet

 

To The Farmyard For The Soup's

 

Main Ingredient.

 

 

But His Wife's Sickness Continued

 

So Friends And Neighbors Came 

 

To Sit With Her Around The Clock..

 

 

The Farmer TO Feed Them 

 

Butchered The Goat

 



The Farmer's Wife Did Not Get Well

 

She Died.............

 



So Many People Came For Her Funeral

The Farmer Had The Cow

Slaughtered To Provide

Enough Meat For All Of Them

 

The Mouse Looked Upon it All From His Crack in The Wall With Great Sadness

 

So,  The Next Time You Hear

Someone Is Facing A Problem

And Think it Doesn't Concern You

 

Remember.....

When One Of Us is Threatened

We Are All At Risk.

 

 

We Are All Involved in This Journey

 

Called..LIFE

 

We Must Keep An Eye Out For

 

One Another And Make An Extra

 

Efforts To Encourage One Another

 

 







======================

Thanks & Regards

Mrs rubina yasmeen

=======================

_

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ENGLISH Documents" group.
To post to this group, send email to englishdocuments@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to englishdocuments+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/englishdocuments?hl=en.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Pakistan ! Stop using leather accessories - "it might scare you".



--
Shahzad Shameem

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ENGLISH Documents" group.
To post to this group, send email to englishdocuments@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to englishdocuments+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/englishdocuments?hl=en.

The Story of Rags to Riches : billgate n chums...the beginning...



FunOnTheNet Group

A ragtag group of bearded weirdos assembled for a family portrait in Albuquerque. It's a trick question. You're supposed to answer no â€" because well, look at those people â€" but then you learn it's a company portrait of Microsoft from 1978. Early employee Bob Greenberg, pictured in the middle, won the free portrait after calling in a radio show and guessing the name of an assassinated president. The gang reluctantly gathered together in some of their finest attire, and American business legend was made. Bill Gates is now giving away the billions he made from Microsoft Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> --------------------- Andrea Lewis became a fiction writer and freelance journalist --------------------- Maria Wood sued Microsoft just 2 years later Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Maria Wood was a book keeper for Microsoft, and married to another one of the early Microsofties in the picture. She left the company just two years later, suing it for sexual discrimination. Microsoft settled the case. After that, it doesn't look like she did much else. She raised her children and became a volunteer. Paul Allen has spent his billions on sports teams, startups, and much more Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> After Bill Gates, Paul Allen is the most famous guy in the group. Allen, the other Microsoft cofounder, is the 37th richest person in the world according to Forbes. He's the owner of the Portland Trailblazers, the Seattle Seahawks, one of the biggest yachts in the world, and much more. Bob O'Rear went onto be a cattle rancher Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Bob O'Rear was one of the oldest employees at Microsoft. He was at NASA in Mission Control when we landed on the moon. At Microsoft he was a chief mathematician, and is credited with reworking code in DOS, and getting it onto IBM PCs. He left the company in 1983, moved back to his home state of Texas, and did some cattle ranching. His worth is estimated at $100 million, and he sits on the board of a few local businesses. --------------------- Bob Greenberg left Microsoft, then worked on the Cabbage Patch Kids Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Bob Greenberg was the guy that won a radio call-in contest to get the photo. He left Microsoft in 1981, after helping the company develop a new version of BASIC. When he left he went on to help his family's company, Coleco, develop the Cabbage Patch Kid dolls, which became a huge hit. More recently, he's said to have worked on golf course software. --------------------- Marc McDonald left Microsoft because it was getting big, but ended up back at the company, anyway Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Marc McDonald was the first salaried employee, and when he left in 1984, it was because he didn't like how big the company was getting. After leaving Microsoft he went to another Paul Allen company, Asymetrix. He then went to Seattle design company Design Intelligence, which was acquired by Microsoft in 2000. So, he ended up back at Microsoft! According to the AP, he has said he is worth less than $1 million. Gordon Letwin stayed with Microsoft longer than anyone other than Bill Gates Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Gordon Letwin was with the company until 1993, the second longest run of all the employees pictured (Gates is first). He was a programmer at Microsoft, and quit when he wanted a break from the grind of the company. He has a ranch in Arizona, and has donated money to some environmental causes. His worth is estimated at $20 million or so. Steve Wood went on to found Wireless Services Corp. Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Steve Wood is the husband of Maria Wood, who eventually left Microsoft under bad circumstances. Steve left in 1980, but worked with Paul Allen on a few companies. He founded Wireless Services Corp., a mobile messaging company, in 1996. It's been renamed SinglePoint, and he's now the chairman. He and his wife's net worth is pegged at $15 million now. Late Bob Wallace researched on psychedelic drugs and founded a software company after Microsoft Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Bob Wallace seems like he was one of the most far out early Microsoft employees. He spent time and money researching psychedelic drugs after leaving the company. He also founded a software company called Quicksoft. He died in 2002 from pneumonia. Jim Lane went on to do his own software company Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> Jim Lane was a project manager who left in 1985 reportedly saying, Microsoft "beat the enthusiasm out of me." He went on to start his own software company. At Microsoft he helped with the early partnership with Intel. (Something that's been pretty useful for Microsoft so far.) --------------------- Here's one more look at the gang from 1978 ... Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> ... And here's a photo of them from 2008 that Microsoft put together when Bill Gates was leaving the company Infotainment" href="http://keralites.net/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ENGLISH Documents" group.
To post to this group, send email to englishdocuments@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to englishdocuments+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/englishdocuments?hl=en.