Friday, September 30, 2011

[Mind's Eye] Re: Writing Ideas

Still trying to work out the issue of the moderation group. Hopefully
then, we can all look at the issue of Allan's ban.

On Sep 30, 6:40 am, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tz, I almost forgot that I meant to ask my question: Where is Allan?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 12:20 PM, gabbydott <gabbyd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good points, Molly!
>
> > As for the Dalai Lama in his painted and sculptured by the people shape,
> > his murder has already begun. Whether they'll still be able to create the
> > mystery of detecting the right next reincarnation is already written in the
> > stars, as Pat would say.
>
> > The passion market over the time has had many approaches of best practice
> > exploitation. Nothing new here either.
>
> > On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Molly <mollyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Interesting notion, Neil.  My brother Micheal was a software engineer
> >> for Intel and worked with global teams to develop software like this
> >> for market.  Life certainly is reflective.  Enormous amounts of money
> >> and effort are put into product development and marketing for
> >> technologies like this.  My hunch is it has already been worked on as
> >> long as quantum computing but the technology is catching up with the
> >> idea.
>
> >> A universal translator for understanding has been the life's work of
> >> the Dali Lama, hasn't it?  Compassion.  The market so far seems
> >> undeveloped.
>
> >> On Sep 29, 10:12 pm, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> > After one discovers the idea (such as lip reading plus sound to text)
> >> > was only 'inventive' because you didn't know anyone else had thought
> >> > it up, you are left with technical development - which we usually give
> >> > up because we lack expertise or think others can do better.  One might
> >> > think of getting the expertise together and going into product
> >> > development.  Funding is a clear block to this.  What's left to us?
> >> > What came to me was a form of murder mystery set in a team developing
> >> > products like my 'universal translator' and new gadgets helping with
> >> > detection.
>
> >> > On Sep 29, 10:38 pm, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > Incidentally, Intel gave away the code for its lip reading software in
> >> > > 2003 and attempts to integrate facial speech and sound had been made
> >> > > then,tough I don't know of any on the market (haven't looked).
> >> > > Currently, if I say something like 'Islamic banking still leaves its
> >> > > poor poor' I get something Orn would ban me for.  It's the non-
> >> > > technical development of ideas and writing that interests me.
>
> >> > > On Sep 29, 10:25 pm, archytas <nwte...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> > > > My work with other people has usually been disappointing.  It's
> >> > > > limited to a little university teaching and reading graduate
> >> > > > submissions in the main.  Trying to write with other people is
> >> broadly
> >> > > > a disaster and I'm in need of getting my own into focus.  I've been
> >> > > > ill with energy sapped and the exercise I need to take hasn't helped
> >> > > > much yet, though the new dog is a real treat when not eating my
> >> > > > socks.  It's a bit of a new start.  Quite a few people write,some
> >> very
> >> > > > well and This is an invitation to share and perhaps develop work
> >> > > > between group members.
>
> >> > > > I've tried speech-to-text software with dismal failure over the
> >> years,
> >> > > > once building a monster pc with shed-loads of memory to no effect.
> >> > > > More recently, trying the latest stuff on university approval, I
> >> found
> >> > > > the stuff as hopeless and that it varied with my partial denture in
> >> or
> >> > > > out.  This led me to the germ of an idea,which if any good I should
> >> > > > patent before mentioning.  I video conference from a small netbook
> >> > > > with its own webcam and colleagues use text translation when stuck
> >> for
> >> > > > understanding.  This now works very well, but we obviously want
> >> voice
> >> > > > translation to prevent repetitive stress injuries from the keyboard.
> >> > > > I've seen some old films (silent) with a voice over lip-reading
> >> > > > software - the best known are from Hitler's archive.  There's a
> >> > > > product development possibility in this.
>
> >> > > > I'd like to know whether this makes as instant sense to other ME
> >> > > > people as me.  I haven't looked into this much as.it spurred me
> >> into a
> >> > > > sub-plot in my novel and that's what I'll be up to for a while.  We
> >> > > > could 'write' this 'product development'.  I'm partly suggesting
> >> this
> >> > > > for real but also as a metaphor (maybe) for more developmental
> >> writing
> >> > > > on our ideas generally.  I won't say more at this stage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment