Thursday, June 30, 2011

[Mind's Eye] Re: Music & Emotion

Some do, for sure; but other pieces set the imagination alight...

On Jun 30, 12:16 am, Ash <ashkas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps it stimulates memories of emotion, I had a doozie moment today
> and had to turn it off.. Long story short, I got a look at things after
> the cascade of images stopped pounding me, and got an outside look at
> myself. I don't want to say what it looked like, but I found much of
> value without a bit of pity even the compassion fell away and without
> the sadness it became clear this was a creature of habit. So I changed
> the routine a bit today, exercised and stretched during smokes (not
> cardio) with a good 30lb steel rod, mostly fun but tough work. Hoping
> this helps the broader picture, these rituals I've accumulated are
> killing me.
>
> This is an unusual day, I think it is good and feel more alive. I turned
> a downward spiral into fuel to make change that I didn't expect myself
> capable of. Sorry for the deep subjective moment all. :)
>
> On 6/29/2011 1:24 PM, pol.science kid wrote:
>
>
>
> > I know right.... music.... rhythm.... an immediate effect.... is it
> > merely the systematic striking of chords... i am in awe.. of those who
> > create music.... is music created... or is it there before the keys
> > are struck ... the chords pulled... do we make music or do we simlply
> > tune in.... i dont mean writing a song.... but a sonata perhaps....
> > where does it come from....
>
> > On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM, paradox <eadohe...@hotmail.com
> > <mailto:eadohe...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >     Today, i found myself completely lost in the magical wonderland of
> >     Patrick Doyle's "My Fathers Favourite"; it is a breathtakingly
> >     beautiful place indeed. Which got me thinking...what is it about
> >     certain pieces of music that invoke in us an overwhelming emotional
> >     landscape?
>
> > --
> > \--/ Peace- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

0 comments:

Post a Comment