Saturday, April 30, 2011

Re: [Mind's Eye] Re: Given that it is almost impossible to be an individual

I just finished the doc, intermittently disrupted for cleaning house and watching my older 'squirt'. ;) Sorry, bad joke, but my fiancee actually came up with it!

I believe this is the first direct reference to the history behind this clash since I came here, it might give some depth but doesn't  deal directly with the materials presented gabby. The first batch of links is pretty elementary stuff but the discussion of Buddhist perspectives on thought vs the 'Cartesian' Western materialism is definitely on subject. In fact it cuts right into the heart of my own internal struggle for truth so I find it very informative and valuable. However I am still considering where my own experiences lie in relation, though it is definitely in the right field, there is a large part undiscussed in it's body. Consider this an impromptu response Orn if you wish, I am working to sort out my own head still. More later, this is the merry chase!

And gabby if you would present a competing theory, just as I asked of OrnamentalMind, I would greatly appreciate it. The more we get on the table the better eh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment